Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

oil pressure

Viala
05-08-2005, 12:48 PM
hello again

one question about oil pressure because I have leaks under the car on two places
-there is a long metallic tube under the engine going from front and back to a radiator and in the engine .is there pressure in it

- another leak on the line going from the radiator to the transmission
is there big pressure in this one , because I want to repair it myself with local plumbers tubes.

spares parts in France are very expansive

nicke66
05-08-2005, 04:55 PM
Hi,
I am not sure about the pressure, but I don't think it's very high.

I have a tip for you about spare parts. Please look at the german web shop: http://www.cars-stripes.com/
They have a spare part catalog to download, and the prices look all right, for a european spare part dealer for US cars. If you register at www.pontiac-transsport.de , you will get 5% discount by giving them your user name. I am sure they can ship to France, just mail them and ask about the shipping cost.

GTP Dad
05-08-2005, 05:46 PM
I'm not sure about the first line you are speaking of but the one going to the transmission can be repaired using good quality rubber fuel line and a couple of worm clamps. The amount of pressure that the transmission will produce is not enough to blow the fuel line if you use the good stuff. Make sure when you cut the line that you deburr the lines so that you don't cut the tubing.

Add your comment to this topic!