Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Trac Off, Anti-Lock, and Service Engine Soon Light is on

SIYEED
05-07-2005, 10:29 PM
....they came on today all at the same time. Now, I'm naive with cars, but I think Anti-Lock is the brakes, but what about the other two??? Since they came on at the same time, could there be something else wrong :headshake

Ridenour
05-08-2005, 04:19 PM
All 3 of those lights coming on at the same time could mean 1 of 2 things either
A) you have a bad wheel bearing(s)
B) you have a bad wheel speed sensor(s) so your car thinks that is has a wheel bearing.
Do you notice any rumbling / pulsating / roaring at certain speeds while going down the road?

gmcar2001
05-08-2005, 04:49 PM
i've had the same thing happen 3 times already. last time happening back in feb. since then, i've had my rotors resurfaced/ replaced (normal wear at 40,000 mi). but, it hasn't happened since. the Midas guy didn't really know what it was either. He said maybe a wheel bearing...but, he said i'd notice it.

the lights only turned on at high speeds....50 mph+. I told it to an Olds dealer too, they said they didn't know anything about it...never had a customer come in before and that it would cost me $100 to do a complete diagnostic on the vechicle...whether they found anything or not.

anyway, really haven't had too many other problems...(knock on wood)....i'm at 43K and am the original owner...

any thoughts?

pp270
05-09-2005, 11:41 AM
Take it to Autozone and have it scanned for free.

SIYEED
05-13-2005, 09:46 PM
Take it to Autozone and have it scanned for free.

Thanks, I'll try to do that tomorrow. I drove it to Baltimore today and it was shaking at like 50mph and I noticed weird sounds while accelerating. Does any of this sound familiar to anybody?

Ridenour
05-13-2005, 10:10 PM
That deffinately sounds like a bad bearing. If it was bad enough that it was shaking that bad, then you should get it changed ASAP. If you drive it too much / it gets too hot, it could seize up, and your wheel would lock up, and then you could be in some deep shit while you're going down the road.

SIYEED
05-14-2005, 10:10 AM
That deffinately sounds like a bad bearing. If it was bad enough that it was shaking that bad, then you should get it changed ASAP. If you drive it too much / it gets too hot, it could seize up, and your wheel would lock up, and then you could be in some deep shit while you're going down the road.

Thanks!!! I took it to the Exxon and the mechanic said to bring it back first thing Monday Morning and they'll have it fixed.

SIYEED
05-16-2005, 10:27 PM
Thanks for all the help. It turned out being the front right wheel bearing and after they found two brake lights out, it ended up costing me $348 at Exxon.

Ridenour
05-18-2005, 09:03 PM
No problem - glad you got it fixed. Wow that's quite a bill - :( - would've been 1/2 of that to do it yourself, but o well. Glad you got it done before it siezed up on ya.

Add your comment to this topic!