Your First Accident???

UnderEstimate Me
05-06-2005, 05:32 PM
Sorry this is kind of long...This happend like a month ago but oh well. I was heading home one day in my 1990 4 door 220k 92 horsepower civic which I got from my moms friend for 700 bucks while I restore my 56 chevy. I was almost home and this yellow Nissan..Im not sure what year it is cuts me off from the far right lane into the lane to the left of me, needless to say it got me a little aggrivated. So we stop at the next light which merges up ahead. The Nissan inches a little bit trying to predict the light and ends up being half a car over the crosswalk. O_o Right when the light turns I gun it creating lots of white smoke Im sure and pass the nissan and begin to make the turn onto my street. Unfortunatley I was still going pretty quick and made the turn way too sharp into the other side of the street, and just my luck theres someone comming right at me. Soooo I turn the wheel in effort to bring my car to the right side of the street and what do you know I end up hitting a parked 1989? Mercury wagon. Luckily they didnt have insurance or anything and just let me pay them 100 for the "damages." The wagon didnt have a scratch..however my civic crumpled like a wad of paper. I cracked my radiator and ruined most of the front end of my car. But its a month later and after a few trips to the local pick n pull and three cans of spray paint its back to life. I was lucky this time, and Im just glad my insurance didnt go up because 16 year old guys dont get the best rates...

After Accident

URL=http://www.imageshack.us]http://img120.echo.cx/img120/7357/image0461iv.jpg[/URL]

After Repairs
http://img120.echo.cx/img120/7254/image0478xu.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

http://img120.echo.cx/img120/7423/image0510ll.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

So I was just wondering about your guys first accidents. Were you racing when it happend? Was it your fault? Did you get hurt?

clawhammer
05-06-2005, 05:43 PM
My first accident was 2.5 years ago, just after I got my licence at 16. It was my first winter driving, and I was going like I would when it was dry, except there was snow. I was going 45 in a 25 mph rundabout, and I slid into a parked car. There were a lot of people there, so I pulled over, and called my dad, and called the cops. I just told them that I lost control of the car, and they never asked how fast I was going, and never got a ticket. The cops wrote a note and left it on the windshield of the other car, but they never got back to them, so I didn't have to pay anything.

93rollaracer
05-06-2005, 06:26 PM
First and only I was waiting to make a left into my street and a lady in a Camry hit me going about 25. Don't know how she possibly could have missed me, but ended up doing about $1800 worth of damage. Her insurance covered it all.

Igovert500
05-06-2005, 07:11 PM
First and only, I was at work and the brakes on a brand new Mercury Grand Marquis failed and I ended up airborne and then at the bottom of a 10ft deep drainage ditch...fun stuff

Colov99
05-06-2005, 07:52 PM
Hit black ice my first winter in RWD crown vic. Slid into a fence causing $$$ of damage (over 7k) insurance coverd it all. No raise in my insurance rates either (went to court to appeal it).
the damage to my car
http://files.automotiveforums.com/gallery/watermark.php?file=/503/57765crashtwo_web-med.jpg

05-06-2005, 08:01 PM
Just a month or two ago I took my eyes off the road to get my friends Drag Helmet out of my passenger seat when I heard a scraping and ended up sideswiping a parked Monte Carlo. My car's fixed now...but I definately don't take my eyes off the road.

drftk1d
05-06-2005, 08:36 PM
i've never been in an accident, not while i was driving at least. wonder when my luck will run out?

Officer Redneck
05-06-2005, 09:24 PM
About ten years ago, I was going to an out-door class in the Il. State forest. I was going down a very steep hill with a sharp turn at the bottom and changing the radio at the same time. When I looked up I was starting into the turn and here is this pink crotchrocket right in the middle of the road. I locked up the brakes doing about 15-20 miles an hour and we hit.I hit the guy on the bike flush in the side and he slid off the seat to set on the hood of my truck. He gave me an O-SHIT look and when we stoped, he fell off the hood. I gave myself a concusion (#2 of 5) when I attempted to throw open the door to help him. Little did I know that the fender was pushed into the door which came back to hit me in the head and nearly knock me out. After I got out and hepled the guy up, we called the cops and waited two and a half hours for them and a roll-back for the bike. Cops and ins. co. decided it was his fault and made him pay the $2100.00 to get my truck fixed.

Andydg
05-06-2005, 11:36 PM
I've only had one accident and that's all it was. It was 3 years ago and I had had my DL for about 3 months and we were moving so we were going back and forth from our old house to our new house. I was driving our old minivan that had a huge plastic drum for transporting all of our fish but it was empty and just in the way. Well...I hadn't noticed my gramma had showed up with her BRAND SPANKIN' NEW Cadillac Seville STS and I backed right into it.

I was like "WTF did I just hit?" I get out and there's this Caddy there and I couldn't think of who's it was and my little brother comes out yelling that he's gonna tell on me. I didn't care I just looked to see the damage and the tail light of my parent's minivan was all over the driveway and there was this huge red mark on my gramma's black STS. I felt so bad but I was able to just rub it off somehow, so no big deal and since the minivan sucks anyways who cares. But I haven't been in an accident since...not that I can remember anyways.

CivRacer95
05-07-2005, 04:11 AM
This was the worst accident in my case. It was December of 2003. I totalled the Civ. Some friends and I went down to Southern Utah to meet some girls we met the previous weekend. I had work the following morning, and one of the guys was supposed to drive home so I could sleep. Although we were planning on leaving at around 11 pm that night. We never left until 1:00 am that morning. I had work at 4 am and they were all tired.

So, being frustrated with the entire situation, I decided to drive and try to get home as quick as possible. We left the girls, and started on our way back. I was so pissed by the fact that nobody could drive that I became very irritable. On the way out, it actually started to rain a bit. Not thinking much of it, I continued my route, going nearly 110 mph. Jonny, my passenger, started to become worried. He told me to calm down and slow down as well. At this point, the rain turned to slush. Not good.

Although, I did slow down, we hit a straitaway. At that point, I figured I should hop into the center divide where traffic had most driven on each side. During the process of slowing down, I felt the car lose traction, and then I knew it was going to happen. 90 mph, the car fish tailed. I completed a 180 degree turn and ventured off the roads backward. All I remember is looking forward, and then looking back at the my friends yelling "HOLD ON!" I prepared to flip over, but instead I heard the 3 loud cracks of the side markers smashing the right side of my car.

When we slowed down, I hopped out to inspect what the damages were. The right side of my Civ was completely gone. My friends hopped out, and I never felt so happy to look each one of them in the eye. We looked out to were we started, but it was dark and the distance was hard to determine (which we later found out that we slid nearly 200 yards). We were picked up by a local who just happened to be "reading his book". He picked us up, returned us home, which along the way the roads became extremely bad, and then the following day, I returned to pick up the Civ.

Once I found out the Civ was totalled, I purchased it back, repaired it for only a fraction of the cost the insurance company totalled it for, only to have my hood fly up and smash my windshield a few weeks later. Thus resulting in the complete loss of my insurance collection, another accident that needed to be fixed, and me with a concussion to top it all off. Yep, that was the worse accident scenario for me. So in the end, I watched the Civ be taken in and repaired for a total of 3 1/2 weeks, I spent nearly $3500 repairing the Civ, and I spent one day in the hospital for the concussion. To me, that's love for my Civic. I don't think it could get any better or worse than that.

JekylandHyde
05-09-2005, 11:29 AM
My first accident happend 5 hours after I got my driver's license. I approached and intersection that was marked "stop except right turn."

I was going straight, so I stopped.
The drunk behind me was going right and decided to ignore the stopped vehicle in front of him.

Wham.

That was my first ... want to hear about my 21st? :D

Whumbachumba
05-09-2005, 11:49 AM
I have yet to be in an accident, but almost was in a roll over last night. Let's just say, 70mph in a 100 degree turn on wet roads is not a good idea.

BP2K2Max
05-09-2005, 01:51 PM
i was driving around with some buddies in a 1987 pontiac 6000 in a light drizzle, hit a corner too fast and slid off the road onto a pile of downed trees. the car's front tires were off the ground lodged up on a tree, so i had to jack the car up and pull the log out in the rain/mud. IMO Any other car would have had a broken steering column but that car was a tank, it could not be killed.

-Jayson-
05-09-2005, 02:03 PM
last summer, i just got my Z24, had it for less than a month. Driving with my GF to a water park, i see a yellow light ahead, i stop semi hard, guy behind me in a jeep with no ABS that doesnt stop for shit. Rear ends me with a nice big metal bumper. It was actually just a piece of metal welded onto the front of the car. Needless to say his car was fine, mine had 1,600 dollars worth of damage done to it, that i had to claim on my insurance. Thanks a fucking lot no fault state.

streetrcr45
05-09-2005, 02:17 PM
Got rear ended into a guard rail --------->

http://wakesports.com/kyle/aaron/PASEO%20DAMAGE/DSC03025.JPG

Polygon
05-09-2005, 02:28 PM
My first accident was a damn long time ago when I still had my Jeep. I was headed to work and thought I would stop by a local salvage yard on my way to pick up a side view mirror. To get there I had to go through one of the worst intersections in town. On both sides you had trees that would block your view. It is only a two way stop and I picked the busiest time of day to go, right as school was getting out.

I had been sitting at the stop sign waiting for a break in traffic for over five minuets now. I'm not kidding, I had gone through two songs and was on a third since I had been sitting there. I got impatient and when I saw the guy on the other side of the intersection go I hurried and checked, I didn't see anyone so I went. Suddenly there was a white mini-van in front of me and I t-boned it. My front bumper caught on his wheel well and got ripped off and he went into the curb on the other side of the street.

His van had a dent about half the size of my front bumper and three flat tires, which ended up costing about $2,500, or so I'm told by my insurance. I ended up buying a new bumper; two bumper brackets, a headlight surround, and that damn mirror for about $60 from the junk yard and fixed it myself.

mr2envy
05-09-2005, 10:27 PM
wow that sucks i havnt been in an accident. i feel sorry for you people learn to drive lol jk

CivRacer95
05-09-2005, 10:28 PM
The day you get into an accident, God will be saying, "You asked for it dumbass". :biggrin:

mr2envy
05-09-2005, 10:39 PM
haha to bad thats not going to happen

CivRacer95
05-09-2005, 10:51 PM
http://files.automotiveforums.com/gallery/watermark.php?file=/503/232382dumb.jpg

:biggrin:

mr2envy
05-09-2005, 10:54 PM
hahaha thas awsome watch i get in an accident tommorow i mean hey the chances are better its raining right now but hey dont jinxz me i wont let it hapen less i get him by some dumbass

chevydrummer76
05-14-2005, 12:45 PM
anyone can get in a accident bro....no matter how good of a driver you are.

mine was about 2 1/2 yrs ago on christmas eve (ya fun stuff). I was going to get a last minute gift for someone. So I'm driving down this road right in front of the local mall that has 2 lanes each way and a suicide lane. The car to the right of me turns right into the mall.....so the guy turning left out of the mall across 4 lanes couldnt see me I guess. So I locked up the brakes and veered the to right a bit so I didn't hit his door, but hit the back wheel well instead. His tires were already spinning hard because it was raining, but the force from my truck sent him into 3 full spins. The front left side of my truck was damaged, fender, bumper, core support, radiator, etc. Fortunely I didn't hit my head but my back was killing me for a week. It sucked because I didn't have my truck for a long time, but his insurance funded my repairs, new paint job, and a new motor.

drftk1d
05-14-2005, 06:37 PM
damn i need someone to hit my car

mason_RsX
05-14-2005, 08:15 PM
sometimes there honestly isnt nething you can do...Im still accident free... *knocks on wood*

and ill be accident free for at least another 4 months...ill also be using my friggin rollerblades for the next 4 months...nebody wanna come pick me up??

xXxRocker5150
05-14-2005, 09:45 PM
I'm accident free too, and I'm hopin' it'll stay that way for a while...

I did have a near miss the other day though... long story short, I was pulling out of a parking spot on a regular street (the line of cars were at a dead stop b/c the light ahead was red). The light turns green, and the guy motions me in, I give him a thank-you wave, start to pull out, and the SOB floors it, and nearly misses the whole left-front end of my car.

CassiesMan
05-15-2005, 12:23 AM
I have yet to be in an accident, but almost was in a roll over last night. Let's just say, 70mph in a 100 degree turn on wet roads is not a good idea.

You were driving last night? Christ, boy you got more balls than I do, I made sure to be in before those God damned hell storms that we always have.

First "accident" walked out to my car after school, someone had hit it and run. Never found out who. Second accident, backed into my mom's ML430. Destroyed my bumper, her car was fine. Third accident I managed to somehow get tboned by a concrete lamp post. Dont ask me how it happened, I dont know, all I know is one minute I'm back the Rav up, the next the right side of my car is crumpled in and Im smashed against a Light post, or at least the concrete base. Fourth accident, I hit a deer.

speedthrill
05-15-2005, 11:25 AM
My first accident was o so funny with minimal damage. LOL
It was still with that good old mercedes. It was in early spring couple of years ago. My pal lives the house near my grandma in the center of my village at a little park (the center of our village)with a road around that park full with houses near it. Primary school is also located there.

Back in that period i used to drift almost constantly in winter when it was wet, with this car. so i came on the road around the park on a sunday afternoon when it was dead quiet in my little Waterflood (translation of my village into english). i wanted to drift the second turn really hard cause i got pretty used to it and with no one out on the road except for a few of my friends waiting at my pals house i tryed it. Lol went in to fast, tryed braking ---> they lock up, starte pumping when i saw i was going straight to a light pole near the curbs. couldnt stop on time and i hit the pole. Over the whole place around the park (it's like 100 m diameter) everybody could hear a loud hollow "PPUUUUUUUUUNNNG". LOL All of my friends had seen this happen and where all dieing on the ground and they kept laughing for like 15 mins. only the front license plate turned out to changed from normal to hollow :rofl:

Second time was a nearly accident wich could have been much worse. I was driving a bit light headed with three friends in the car, also the mercedes. I was driving like a grandma cause i dont want to do any dangerous stuff with friends in the car when i'm a bit drunk. When my last friend hopped out of the car at like 3.30hours at night. I wanted to amuse myself and gave it some gas on the way home through my village. Forgetting that i was coming up near the same park from the past incident from an other direction a bit to fast under wetty (a bit) conditions, I suddenly notice it.
Imagine this, it's a road that comes out on a corner of that park (the corner where i went PUUUUUUNG) Normally you should go left unless you needed to be at a house at that park. But now the left turn all was bloked by campers , cars and all that shit (for a kermis, sort of a circus) something like in Fear Unloathing when they think there in the nerve center lol. So when i was already locking them up cause it was too wet and i was going 90-100 km/H I decided straight ahead probably was the best choice in terms of carshing cause i tryed right i would end up hitting the kerb sideways, rolling over when hitting the tree near it. So i went straight ahead and took a jump of 5 meters lenght and slided towards the center of the park. :lol2: Stood there for like 2 mins with a super hard bonking heart and the went home. Lol, nobody had seen me (what a relief cause in a village like mine everybody know everybody).

We went with a couple of friends looking at where i hit the kurb and made the jump the next day and saw i just mist 2 trees. Lol, i Went between them at like 60-70 km/h under jumping conditions. i had probablyhalf an armlenght over left,ight only a couple of inches. 2 meter behind the trees two trails deep in the mud under the grass started, they ended at the middle of the park, damn i had some serious luck back in those days.

Well now i'm grown up and much smarter LOl.

mr2envy
05-16-2005, 12:19 AM
see yea you can get in an accident and supposidly alot of the time its not your fault its the cars fault locking up tires not paying, attention, brakes go out im mean shit happens i got it but im saying based of my driving i wont get into one now if my car gets mad at me or whatever and it breaks and causes an accident that kind of stuff will happen am i planning on it no and am i taking steps to avoid it like keeping everything in good shape and anual yea so yes i know i can get in an accident but do i think its going to happen no

mason_RsX
05-16-2005, 08:02 AM
So what if a deer comes onto the road too late for you to swerve withough going into the forest...or what if somebody in your blind spot just steers into your lane and hits you? ppl and deer are morons, you can get in an accident at any time

and CassiesMan I love the Sig...did u c when Stewie tricked out his Big wheel???

mr2envy
05-16-2005, 02:56 PM
thats what im talking about when i say shit happens im just going to be looking for it we dont have taht any deer in our area

Add your comment to this topic!