What kind of tires are you running?

Ramblin Fever
05-06-2005, 12:23 AM
I'm currently running Bridgestone Revo's - wonderful traction, snow, rain, sleet, dry payment, and cornering, not too mention great highway tire.

But I must say, I've only had them on 16K miles and the grooves between the center tread have some slashes in the main heart of the tire itself.

Not too impressed by that, :headshake not with an $800 set of tires. Don't know if it's from debris on the road or what.

Would like to hear what others are running and their experiences.

marcre
05-06-2005, 12:31 AM
I've had my rodeo for a little over a year now. It has Firestone Wilderness AT's on it. In the year+ I am not impressed. I will replace them in late fall. I am most disappointed with snow performance they have. In Buffalo I need something more sure-footed. They are not the worst, but I will not be getting these again. In the rain and dry pavement they work well. I took the Rodeo in some mud awhile ago and was not impressed either.

About a month ago we got a slush storm here and the car slid all over the place. That was scary to say the least.

Marc

PS great thread idea, I am curious what I should get next. I am probably going to move up to a 30". It should fit.

Canucklehead
05-06-2005, 07:38 AM
265/70-16 Cooper Discoverer A/T's (all 5 tires cost ~$550)

I think I've had them on for about 12k mi. and have no complaints so far.

todds21
05-06-2005, 08:24 AM
I am a big fan of the BFG AT. Great tread pattern that works good in the mud and gets good wear as a daily driver. I have seen people get 70K out of the BFG with proper balancing and alignment. I like the BFG MT tread better and it works awesome in the mud, but as a daily driver they don;t hold up on the highway from what I have seen (30K).

amigo-2k
05-06-2005, 09:46 AM
Not my truck but mine is the same color.

BFG AT/KO in 265/75R16. (32x10.5)
No lift mud flaps removed (I'm amazed they fit):
http://www.4x4wire.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=717103&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=1&fpart=1#Post723367
http://www.epix.net/~elmosaurus/side.jpg

iskiuskiweski
05-06-2005, 03:50 PM
Mine came with a cheaper Firestone Destination LE 235/75R15, this winter there was no problems with traction. They seem to be holding up well with all the highway driving I do, as well as pulling the old boat. Seems like a good multi use tire, but I don't offroad, besides getting down into the occasional boat ramp.

marcre
05-06-2005, 06:36 PM
Another question. What do all of you prefer, white lettering in or out?

I prefer the all black look, so I put the white lettering to the inside.

Cat Fuzz
05-07-2005, 10:41 AM
I have standard passenger tires on mine. We are on a pretty tight budget. Can't remember what they are, but they do very well in winter driving conditions. In 4WD I can't remember slipping or sliding even once.

jmertz27
05-07-2005, 10:17 PM
I prefer white lettering on the inside. White lettering is very hard to keep clean, and requires more maintence. These vehicles need too much maintence as is, why have something else?

jmertz27
05-07-2005, 10:19 PM
I prefer white lettering on the inside. White lettering is very hard to keep clean, and requires more maintence. These vehicles need too much maintence as is, why have something else?

Ramblin Fever
05-07-2005, 11:52 PM
Actually have white lettering out. But I'm good at cleaning them with a scrub brush.

Had the all black look when truck was new, didn't like it as well.

Daddycat
05-08-2005, 04:55 PM
Cooper Discoverer H/T 245/70/16 http://www.coopertires.com/us/en/ProductDetails.asp?ProdType=SUV&id=235&title=SUV+Tires
Light years ahead of the Goodyear Wrangler APs that came on the truck.
$500 for 4 tires mounted and balanced, total out the door price. (local)
I think I'm gonna love these tires.

Ramblin Fever
05-08-2005, 06:39 PM
Cooper Discoverer H/T 245/70/16 http://www.coopertires.com/us/en/ProductDetails.asp?ProdType=SUV&id=235&title=SUV+Tires
Light years ahead of the Goodyear Wrangler APs that came on the truck.
$500 for 4 tires mounted and balanced, total out the door price. (local)
I think I'm gonna love these tires.

I had Goodyear Wrangler RT/S at one time, good god I hated them! Horrible tires; will never purchase Goodyear again - they were way too expensive to only get 25K miles out of them. Plenty of tread left, but they would NOT stay balanced, horribly out of round, and terrible for picking up debris and needing patched.

spishack
05-08-2005, 11:46 PM
I am just about ready to buy my tires and am wondering about the correct size. I have a 2001 Rodeo with a three inch lift and I plan to get 15" wheels but I am not sure what the maximum width and height is without any rubbing.
Any suggestions?
I am also torn between wich brand tire to buy!

SOLSTER
05-09-2005, 12:17 AM
I've got Michelin XCX APT 235/75/15, they have 25K miles, and are near new condition, lots of tread left. I had heard great recommendations on these, heard getting 70K miles will be no problem, some get 90K plus on them.

I paid $95 per tire from sears, a heck of a bargain. I highly recommend them. I am not an offroad nut, so can't say how they wear for ofroad use when it's the majority of the use on the tire, but great for roads, and occasional use offroad. Could be great for regular offroading, I just don't have that experience with them.

here's a link:
http://www.michelinman.com/catalog/tires/MichelinXCXAPT.html?tiretype=6&tire=9

Hope it helps!

jimstl99
05-12-2005, 11:16 PM
I put about 65K on a set of the XCX-APT's on my 94' Rodeo. They were GREAT tires. I remember getting them for $79/ea back in 2000 at the NTB chain. I just recently replaced them with Yoko Geolander AT+II's and upped the size to 265's. So far so good with the new ones. For the price at TireRack it is very hard to beat these tires. They do most everything well. I especially like the wet traction they provide.

jim

I've got Michelin XCX APT 235/75/15, they have 25K miles, and are near new condition, lots of tread left. I had heard great recommendations on these, heard getting 70K miles will be no problem, some get 90K plus on them.

I paid $95 per tire from sears, a heck of a bargain. I highly recommend them. I am not an offroad nut, so can't say how they wear for ofroad use when it's the majority of the use on the tire, but great for roads, and occasional use offroad. Could be great for regular offroading, I just don't have that experience with them.

here's a link:
http://www.michelinman.com/catalog/tires/MichelinXCXAPT.html?tiretype=6&tire=9

Hope it helps!

surferfletch
05-12-2005, 11:25 PM
Bridgestone Dueler H/Ts.

Add your comment to this topic!