max wheel size

Redux
05-05-2005, 05:39 PM
Thanks for all the replies on my previous post's on modifications. This time I'm wondering if anyone knows the maximum tire size that can be put on the car. My buddy has 20" foose spank 5's. Not too sure on the tire size yet, but they are low pro's. If anyone has any info on the maximum tire width of the car (default is 235/60/16). Thanks again!

05tucowner
05-09-2005, 04:41 PM
not exactly sure of the max size, but if your looking to go bigger, keep in mind bigger = heavier. Heavier = harder to stop and accelerate, due to increased unsprung weight, and bigger tires will change the effective gearing of the car, making your speedo read out a different speed than your actually traveling.

I am not saying don't get big wheels/tires...but i am sugesting you be smarter than the average bear, and look into all the side affects of larger wheels, and think of those on the road around you as well. Most "experts" will tell ya if you go 20" and don't upgrade your brakes, your an idiot...Just my $.02

tiburonlover
02-08-2008, 03:06 PM
will i got 20" on my 03 tiburon tires or a 235/25/zr20 that with mods to the back of the car

Add your comment to this topic!