Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Question 4 our German members

civic_1.6_16v
04-09-2002, 11:15 AM
Hello there German members :)

I got a link from Bracer of a German website who sells parts for our beloved Honda's. http://www.bms-racing.de/
I saw some nice things but there is something in German I could not translate,
so if any of you know what it means please let me know. :D

I saw some white rear-lights (not the alteza look) but like this.
http://www.carpage.tmfweb.nl/images/civic/2002.jpg

The text that was written in the add is this: "im Bereich der StVZO nicht zugelassen!"
What does StVZO mean?
And anybody knows if these are legal in Holland?

bracer
04-09-2002, 11:24 AM
I don't know what StVZO means (I only the TUV in Germany) but I don't think you will get through the "APK" with them, doesn't have to be a problem though just mount your stock lights when you go to the APK.
I don't know if it will attract many cops but since there are tons of of altezza's on the road and strange looking blue, purple and whatever lights for VW's I don't think you will have much trouble with the cops.

But 100% legal, I don't think so :)

Veetec
04-09-2002, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by civic_1.6_16v
Hello there German members :)

I got a link from Bracer of a German website who sells parts for our beloved Honda's. http://www.bms-racing.de/
I saw some nice things but there is something in German I could not translate,
so if any of you know what it means please let me know. :D

I saw some white rear-lights (not the alteza look) but like this.
http://www.carpage.tmfweb.nl/images/civic/2002.jpg

The text that was written in the add is this: "im Bereich der StVZO nicht zugelassen!"
What does StVZO mean?
And anybody knows if these are legal in Holland? It simply means that they aren´t allowed on the streets WITHOUT an "Okay!" from our TÜV! The TÜV has to check anything which has to do with these lights and write it into our `car papers´ (??) when they think their use is safe.

civic_1.6_16v
04-09-2002, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Veetec
It simply means that they aren´t allowed on the streets WITHOUT an "Okay!" from our TÜV! The TÜV has to check anything which has to do with these lights and write it into our `car papers´ (??) when they think their use is safe.

Is there an organisation in Holland that you know of that checks these things, like the TÜV in Germany.

Veetec
04-09-2002, 12:39 PM

Is there an organisation in Holland that you know of that checks these things, like the TÜV in Germany. Umm,....you should know that better than me. :D But I´d guess it´ll be easier to use them kinda legal in Holland than over here in Germany.

civic_1.6_16v
04-09-2002, 12:43 PM
Umm,....you should know that better than me. :D But I´d guess it´ll be easier to use them kinda legal in Holland then over here in Germany.

So they are illegal in Germany all the time?
Or when you have that approval of the TÜV in you car papers then its OK. :)

I really like those lights, but dont know exactly how the red will shine through the white glass
I know the stock bulbs are white so I'm gonna have to get some red and orange bulbs.

I'll ask my mechanic if he knows, I'll let you know ;)

Predator
04-09-2002, 01:02 PM
It simply means that they aren´t allowed on the streets WITHOUT an "Okay!" from our TÜV! The TÜV has to check anything which has to do with these lights and write it into our `car papers´ (??) when they think their use is safe.

I think its the car registration ;)

Btw Civic_1.6_16V u really should know if there is such a organisation :frog:

civic_1.6_16v
04-09-2002, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Predator

Btw Civic_1.6_16V u really should know if there is such a organisation :frog:

Why is everybody dissin me :(

JK :D

Predator
04-09-2002, 02:29 PM
Hehe:
Police stops Civic_1.6_16V saying "drivers license plz"
Police is inspecting the car hmm "open ur hood"
P:"whats that- is this all legal?- do u have papers for it?"
He:"what for papers??- Papers for dope no sorry..."
P:"havent u been at the TÜV for checking it?"
He:"whats the TÜV??"

Please record it- because nobody will believe it ;)

AccordCE8
04-09-2002, 04:28 PM
For my work I'm looking up in DIN papers (Deutsche Industry Normalisation) (I assume you know what DIN is?)
There I found there are DIN-norms about the rules the lights on cars has to meet... I haven't studied or copied the norms.... but they are open to the public so all can be checked if it's legal or not. Next time I'll try if it's not too much work to copy them.

Veetec
04-09-2002, 04:48 PM

Why is everybody dissin me :(

JK :D We aren´t dissing you, moron! :finger:
;)

No, they aren´t illegal all the time. They are illegal when the TÜV says they are after he has checked them about safety and DIN norms (@AccordCE8: Yes, I know what DIN means. :) ). Normally it shouldn´t be too difficult and expensive to make them streetlegal IMO.

Predator
04-09-2002, 04:54 PM
We will see how easy something is- Im trying to get my AEM CAI 'eingetragen' -wish me luck:rolleyes:

Veetec
04-09-2002, 04:59 PM
We will see how easy something is- Im trying to get my AEM CAI 'eingetragen' -wish me luck:rolleyes: Good luck, bro!
By the way. Yes, it is me on Honda-Power! ....and the thing with reseting the ECU is really working. Do a search on it in here. ;)

Predator
04-10-2002, 02:45 AM
LOL! I did it yesterday myself ;) I will do a test drive then but I really doubt Ill feel something different :alien2:

Veetec
04-10-2002, 05:38 AM
LOL! I did it yesterday myself ;) I will do a test drive then but I really doubt Ill feel something different :alien2: Add some NOS stickers and you´ll get a gain of about 30hp! ;) Of course you WON`T feel a difference. It´s a small `modification´ which won´t give you a lot horses if any. But it´s for free and it´s recommended to reset the ECU here and then anyways.
For my car it doesn´t make a real sense to do so because the OBDII ECU would forget the new data in a week or so. (I´m not really sure how that´s working anymore.) But I´m not really going to modify my engine so I don´t care.... :cool:

Add your comment to this topic!