Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Problem Bleeding Clutch System in 95 Isuzu Rodeo

OverTorqued
05-04-2005, 06:13 PM
I have just finished replacing the clutch and rebuilding the master and slave cylinders on my 95.5 Isuzu Rodeo V6. I have spent a couple of hours trying to bleed the damper cylinder according to the shop manual specifications and can't seem to get the air bubbles to stop bleeding out. I am keeping the master reservoir topped off. The manual says to bleed the damper first and then the slave. My clutch is going to the floor and won't come back up unless I pull it up. Any ideas where the air is coming from or how to proceed?

Cat Fuzz
05-04-2005, 06:57 PM
Maybe you forgot to tighten all the hydraulic lines?

OverTorqued
05-05-2005, 11:08 PM
Thanks for the suggestion Cat Fuzz. The only line I disconnected was the one to the master cylinder and it was torqued back to the proper spec. The bleed screws are also closed tightly. I am wondering if the master cylinder is the culprit. Even though I rebuilt it, I am now wondering if the cylinder was worn. Could this cause air to be getting in? I see no leaks, so if air is getting in, why is there no fluid getting out? Someone PLEASE HELP!

OverTorqued
05-21-2005, 05:01 PM
Thanks for the suggestion Cat Fuzz. The only line I disconnected was the one to the master cylinder and it was torqued back to the proper spec. The bleed screws are also closed tightly. I am wondering if the master cylinder is the culprit. Even though I rebuilt it, I am now wondering if the cylinder was worn. Could this cause air to be getting in? I see no leaks, so if air is getting in, why is there no fluid getting out? Someone PLEASE HELP!

OK... I finally figured it out after about 2 1/2 days worth of struggle and replacing un-necessary parts (the clutch master cylinder.) It ended up being air in the system that required some serious effort to remove. It took a vacuum pump, a lot of patience and about a 1/2 quart of DOT-3 brake fluid. Because the reservoir is so small, it meant continuous monitoring/re-filling of the reservoir to keep air from getting back into the system.

Add your comment to this topic!