Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

aem cam gears

Tano016
05-03-2005, 07:47 PM
Hi,

i just had a pair of adjustable cam gears installed on my gsr. there seems to be kind of a sound whenever i rev the motor. its kind of like a whistling or cat squeeling sound. It sounds like plastic or something grinding against the cam. The valve cover was cut at the side to make the gears accessable when adjusting. Could the sound be emmanating from this hole whicjh was origianlly closed off? Also, If i were to adjust the cam gears what is the tightening torque required on the 3 bolts, I HAVE THE 3 BOLT GEARS NOT THE 5 BOLTS. One more thing do i have to adjust ignition timing after advancing the intake cam, does the ignition timing advance when the intake cam is advanced?

Thanks.

kenng
05-03-2005, 07:54 PM
have you ny oil leak from the cam seal? is it OEM seal?, i ask because they are rubber type, hard rubber or plastic, whatever it is, I replaced mine with a AC aluminium cam seal, doesn't wear off as easy, i am getting my skunk2 stage 2 cams in with aem gear too, and they guy that is tyuing it for me saids that i should adven the timing, hope that helps!

Add your comment to this topic!