1st Race of the Season

chevytrucks92
05-01-2005, 11:02 PM
So our season has officially started for 2005. It was scheduled to start last weekend, 4/23/05, but of course we were rained out. Suffered the same fate yesturday (4/30/05) but had nice weather today (5/1/05) and so we had our first race.

The track was more then a little "green"! I think the word "bottle" would be a better name for the track becuase it was like a bottle!

First run, the car never even pulled out of its tracks! In less then 5 ft. it was in high gear, and its set up to shift on 6300 RPMs :eek7:. Yeah, pretty shitty traction to say the least. I immediately shut it down almost as soon as it left-literally hit the highside chip (7000 RPM) within less then 5 ft (funny feeling when you sort of get pushed forward in the seat instead of slammed back, lol, especially when you're braced for that initial hit). I had like a .654 RT and a 2.33 60ft, lol. The 330 was like 8.something, lol. I pretty well just gave it enough gas to keep rolling after I shut it down.

Second run, track was MUCH better then what it was, but still pretty shitty! This time i was in the left lane, and was able to hold it the entire distance, but it spun badly when it left, and spun when it shifted, and pretty much spun the entire track, lol. I had a .560 RT, and like a 1.67 60ft, and ran 4.67 in the 330.

Third run, track was about the same. Right lane, spun at launch, then hooked pretty good but started back spinning when it shifted into high gear, and then spun the rest of the track. I could hear the thing revving up when and after it shifted into high gear, on all but my lsat race, lol. Needless to say once it shifted, I was really having to drive the thign to keep it straight. This time I had a .520 RT, 1.63 60ft, and ran 4.70 in the 330.

1st round eliminations. Right lane, dialed 4.67, had a .546 RT, 1.66 60ft (spun badly again at launch), ran 4.661 and I peddled the gas 3 times. That's of course a breakout, and I lost :banghead:. Now this time, the car spun pretty bad when it shifted, and again shortly there after, lol, but I held it in and somehow still managed to breakout.

2nd round eliminations. Bought back in, right lane, dialed 4.64, had a .486 red light :screwy:(car spun, but hooked the best it had all day), had a 1.636 60ft (this is where my red light came from, as you can see, i picked up .03 hundredths from the previous round), and ran 4.612. This time the car only spun when it shifted, and then not much more after. This was the first run that I didn't have to fight the wheel.

And that was my first race of the season. The track was finally starting to come around when I got beat, but was still off a little over a tenth all around. However, that was the first pass all day that I didnt have to fight the wheel. And for comparisons, my last run last year (11-7-04), I had a 1.55 60ft and ran 4.488. My best run last year was 1.524 60ft and 4.439 330ET.

Cliff Notes:
-Track was like a glass bottle
-Spun every round, fought the car all but last run
-Redlighted and Brokeout in 2nd Round: dialed 4.64, had a .486 RT, 1.636 60ft, and ran 4.612, which is off about a tenth-tenth and a half of normal.

clawhammer
05-01-2005, 11:21 PM
Any new mods for this season?

chevytrucks92
05-02-2005, 12:08 AM
Any new mods for this season?

New seatbelts, plugged the trans. cooler lines off (busted the fittings out last season and we had them plugged off with bolts/taps, but it had been leaking trans. fluid, so we made a little bypass line to put in where the trans. cooler lines went-so far so good), and that's about it, lol.

Sometime very shortly I'll be getting some new slicks.

PWRDbyUNCLEbens
05-02-2005, 12:20 AM
Toguh Break. Hope you have more uck the rest of the season.

chevytrucks92
05-02-2005, 12:45 AM
Toguh Break. Hope you have more uck the rest of the season.

Yeah really. What makes it worse is the guy I raced redlighted too, but I redlighted first. He was driving a rail (dragster) and poor conditions never effect them so it seems, atleast not like it does a doorslammer lol (I think its becuase their tires are in the center of the groove where no other cars, particularly street cars, can spin up the rubber). Anyways, he was dialed in 3.69 (yeah, pretty f-ing fast, and he was off a tenth too, lol), had a .493 RT, 1.258 60ft (yikes! that'd be low 1.2s if not high 1.teens anyplace else, lol) and ran 3.673, lol-the benefits of very light weight. So he brokeout too, lol.

I could have had a 1.000 reaction time and won that round, and would have had like a .51x if the car would have hooked like it did the previous run! Oh well, there's always next weekend!

Zgringo
05-02-2005, 02:11 AM
Seems like all the tracks are the sh*ts this year. I don't know if it's been the weather or just cheap operators.
Let's hope for better tracks soon.

JekylandHyde
05-02-2005, 11:19 AM
lol ... I beat you for crappy first 60's of the year.
Mine was a 2.2 ... :D

chevytrucks92
05-02-2005, 12:39 PM
Seems like all the tracks are the sh*ts this year. I don't know if it's been the weather or just cheap operators.
Let's hope for better tracks soon.

I think its the weather and just lack of runs on the tracks thus far. They glued the entire track for us yesturday after the first round time trials when pretty much anybody with any amount of power just tore the tires off. I guess it helped some, but man my car felt like it was on ice after it shifted in to high gear every round except that last one.

I'm hoping that it'll be better next weekend. For starters, this track never hooks worth a shit in the daylight, and the only reason we were running on Sunday is because we got rained out the past two Saturdays. And then my wore out slicks don't help matters too much, lol, but the car should still run atleast 4.50 with 1.5 60s. Like I said, even the rails were off a tenth, one was even off more then that, and poor conditions don't really effect them as much as it does us doorslammers.

lol ... I beat you for crappy first 60's of the year.
Mine was a 2.2 ... :D

Yeah, lol. I can't really count my 2.3 60ft since I was only WOT for 5ft or so, lol.

Add your comment to this topic!