Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

New ' 93 MV Weekender Owner Needs Help

tdachenhauseniii
05-01-2005, 09:47 PM
I just bought a '93 MV Weekender. I love it (so do my son and wife), but I'm having trouble with some things, and I don't have an owner's manual to help me. Can anyone here help with any of the following:

1. I can't figure out how to raise the side table table in the back. It appears to have a VERY strong latching mech., but, for the life of me, I can not find it (not to mention release it) and so the table is still tightly closed against the side of the passenger compartment.

2. There appears to be a small, electrically operated refrigerator under the left side, rear-facing passenger seat. I can not figure out how to get to it to open it up, etc., and I am afraid of breaking it or the seat above it. Also, how does it work? Is it hard wired into the vehicle? How do you turn it on and off?

3. Should I get the VW owner's manual? Will it cover the MV Weekender with all its particular equipment (pop-top, frige, etc.)? If not, are there supplements that cover that stuff, or is there a good after market manual (Haynes, perhaps) that does the trick even better?

Sorry for all these questions in my first post, but I need help.

Dach

bmiglio
08-26-2005, 08:22 PM
Try pressing the unfolded table toward the car wall. You should hear a click, you should quickly release pressure and the table should then be loose for you to raise it to horizontal level.
as for the refrigerator under the rear seat back of the driver seat the cover slides toward you when you pull it toward you while pressing your thumb at the lower part of the refrigerator. :smile:

Add your comment to this topic!