Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

A Letter From A Soldier

7DMACH1
04-29-2005, 10:47 PM
This makes doing the cruise night worth it.
This is beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBoneCrusher
Ray,

You don't know me, but you are raising money for me and my fellow troops. I was wondering if there was anything that I can do for you in return. The only thing that I can really do, would be to fly an American flag in your honor. That flag would then be sent to you with a certificate of authenticity. If this is something that you would like, then please feel free to let me know. I would be able to get it shipped to you sometime in July. Once again, thanks for all that you have done.

Jim Prasse
aka JimBoneCrusher
US Army

Jim, I would be honored to have the flag flown in my honor. I don't do this to get anything in return except the great feeling for me to do something for the people that are doing something for me, keeping me free and safe. I was never in the military, was in the 1969 first draft lottery and drew a 254. I was going to in list, until the lottery. I have always had respect for the military. I had been doing this cruise night for a couple of years for other charities. After 911 and friend who is a vet said to me, why not do it for the troops. I've been doing it ever since. The greatest feeling is having a soldier write me like you did and thank me. I was invited to the Willow Grove Naval Air Station, to the 111th Fighter Wing of the Pa National Guard back in 2002. I was presented a plague award thanking in me for what I do. I never wanted or expected it. I was touring the base and every soldier that past me, thanked me. I thanked them and told them that what I do is nothing compared to what you guys are doing for us. When I die, I know I will be remembered for something good. That's enough for me. Thanx, Ray Jermyn Sr.
Northeast Lincoln Mercury
Phila. Pa.

Add your comment to this topic!