Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Hello from a Jimmy "newbie"

Kato99
04-29-2005, 01:54 PM
Hey guys - I just got a 2000 SLT Jimmy. It has 53,000 miles on it and has been kept in great shape - they just had new brakes, pads and rotors put on for about $650 and they have had all the services done with the paperwork. While it is much nicer (pretty much fully loaded) than I wanted since I take my boys camping and there are a lot of muddy cleats jumping in the back after baseball games, I knew the owner and they were needing to get rid of it, so I got a very fair deal. I had it checked out before I bought it and the only thing they found was a slight leak in the front crack seal (think and hope that is it). Just wanting to say "howdy" and ask if there is anything I should be looking out for in the near future - thanks

blazee
04-29-2005, 02:13 PM
The radiator caps that came on these vehicles are defective. They will cause the dexcool to sludge-up and plug the engine and heater core. It is imperative that you change it out with one not made by AC Delco. Stant is the perfered brand, you can buy them at Advance Auto for $5-6.

blazee
04-29-2005, 02:16 PM
oops, I forgot.....Hello and welcome to the forums. :wave:

JimmySLS
04-29-2005, 07:37 PM
Hello and welcome :thumbsup: Congratulations on your new purchase..

clariveros
05-02-2005, 09:44 AM
Welcome to the forums, and onething that might affect you hopefully it wont, the front bearing hub, also make sure you keep you suspension well greased,

Add your comment to this topic!