Page updated on 11-19-2017

VW GTI VR6 insurance more than 350Z

Dr. Stone
04-28-2005, 11:39 AM
Greetings fellow Z-inators,

I just purchased a new 2004 350Z performance edition and found that, to my surprise, I will be paying less for insurance than my previous vehicle (a 2003 VW GTI VR6). Anyone know why this is?

CHeers,

Dr. Stone

Bdetore
04-28-2005, 04:03 PM
Greetings fellow Z-inators,

I just purchased a new 2004 350Z performance edition and found that, to my surprise, I will be paying less for insurance than my previous vehicle (a 2003 VW GTI VR6). Anyone know why this is?

CHeers,

Dr. Stone

It comes from lingering american resentment from the old World Wars.

Seriously though, more than just speed factors into an insurance companies decision on rates. Hondas tend to be higher because they get stolen frequently. There may be statistics where alot of GTI's have been in accidents or they have a worse crash rating. It may have to do with the cost of replacement parts. VW's are expensive in that regard. At least I think so,...let me know if I'm wrong. Nissan also has a great deal of reliability in that engine, so it may play a role. Overall, the insurance companies have a ridiculous amount of reasoning behind their policies, but your agent should be able to explain that to you to some extent. If they can't, then chances are they aren't that good at their job yet.

Actinide
04-28-2005, 04:23 PM
I got a quote for a 2005 350Z and to my surprise it was lower than my current 1997 Eclipse RS. So to hear yours came out lower doesn't surprise me as well.

Add your comment to this topic!