Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

amp and sub instal help

evoh8ter
04-28-2005, 03:29 AM
i am trying to instal a kicker L7 12, an audiobahn a8000t mono amp and a stinger hpm 4 gauge power wiring. i need instructions on how to instal the amp and the sub. i have one problem. the hood on my car has vents where the battery is located at and the fuse holder does not look like it is water proof. can someone anyone give me detailed instructions on how to instal these components ( as much detail will help i.e. which wires where). also the headunit that they will be hooked up to is an alpine iva c800 monitor. my brain is located in the trunk.

what is the best way to keep the box from sliding around in my trunk?

it is a very big box. ( porbox super bass)

Diceman83
04-28-2005, 08:35 AM
my brain is located in the trunk.

Alrighty then. Let me see if I can make this as simple as possible.

GET YOUR LOCAL CAR AUDIO SHOP TO DO IT! ;) Just kidding!!

OK, step 1: Take a good look through your car at places you can hide wires. Standard Procedure is have the power/speaker wires go on one side, and the RCA, Remote, etc wires go on the other side. You should also find a good place to get the wire through the FIREWALL (the metal that seperates the inside of the car from the engine compartment). You may have drill a new hole, which would suck, but most cars have a place you can poke it through or something. For the ground, just find a handy bolt that goes into the chassis somewhere in the trunk to stick it to. Your fuse holder should be at most a foot and half away from the battery, and I suppose just wrapping it in something plastic and taping the heck out of both sides will work. Silicone sealant/glue might work too.

Either bolt the box down, or screw some velcro to the bottom if it's sitting on carpet :p... You could probably just use your imagination. My box is bigger than yours, and it makes the carpet it's sitting on in the trunk move before it moves.

For the amp, what I did is bolted a sheet of plywood to the back of the seat, and then just screwed it to the plywood. Nice and simple, very sturdy :).

Good luck!

evoh8ter
04-28-2005, 12:39 PM
thanks a lot.

i was going to have the local guys do it but when i told them what kind of car i had the price went up thirty dollars and since i put in my last set of subs in my last car i figured that i could do these.
my last ones were 2 kicker vr 12s.

L|_|da
04-28-2005, 03:29 PM
diceman pretty much covered it, its alot simpler then most people think, but ill let them its hard and pay me to do it :)

Add your comment to this topic!