Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

97 skylark stalling - on my 3rd mechanic

lagputt
04-27-2005, 06:51 PM
stalls at high speeds and when I hit breaks to stop usually happens after driving for a about an hour or when the temperature outside is above 70 degrees celsius

been hooked up for diagnostics shows nothing...might run well for a week then starts happening out of nowhere

has 70000 mi on odometer and is the 6 cyl

nobody can figure it out ....some say fuel pump but pressure always looks good
others say crank sensor

after it stalls it usually starts up fine after a few seconds and then will stall after 1000 feet or sometimes can make it a mile or two

recently stalled 8 times in the span of about 4 miles at all speeds

on my 3rd garage....frustrated ..yep just realized the outside temperature seems to have to be warm ...say above 70 ran fine for a week now it has started stalling again

L200
10-20-2006, 11:02 PM
I think it is the Electronic modulator.

BNaylor
10-21-2006, 09:34 AM
I think it is the Electronic modulator.

I'm sorry but this thread is very old. Please check the date of the last post. If it is over 3 months old, please do not resurrect it. Thread closed.

Welcome to AF and please review our Community Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

POSTING IN CLOSED OR OUTDATED THREADS:
If a thread has been closed, there is probably a logical reason for it. If you feel that the reason(s) for closure of the original thread are unjustified or wish further clarification feel free to contact any member of the moderating team. However, do not start a new thread about another closed thread.

Please avoid posting or voting in outdated threads. It merely clutters up the message board and makes it more difficult for fellow members to sort through the vast amount of information contained on the boards. If you have new and important information to add regarding a past discussion, feel free to start a new thread and if need be, add a link to the original thread.

Add your comment to this topic!