God damn Michigan roads!!

-Jayson-
04-27-2005, 02:22 PM
Seriously, why cant this hick state have better roads? So i got a flat today, a pot hole. Punctured the sidewall on my front right tire. You cant fix a side wall hole, i needed a new tire. But i wasnt gonna spend 90 bucks on another Good year RSA. ANd i wasnt gonna put one good tire on the front. SO i bought two tires for the front. Good Yeah assurance. 270 bucks. Im getting so far in debts its scary. Not to mention my car looks funny now cause my front tires are bigger than the back tires. I do like the fact that these tires have a 80,000 mile tredware warranty, so i can do all the peel outs i want.

Hypsi87
04-27-2005, 02:28 PM
Seriously, why cant this hick state have better roads? So i got a flat today, a pot hole. Punctured the sidewall on my front right tire. You cant fix a side wall hole, i needed a new tire. But i wasnt gonna spend 90 bucks on another Good year RSA. ANd i wasnt gonna put one good tire on the front. SO i bought two tires for the front. Good Yeah assurance. 270 bucks. Im getting so far in debts its scary. Not to mention my car looks funny now cause my front tires are bigger than the back tires. I do like the fact that these tires have a 80,000 mile tredware warranty, so i can do all the peel outs i want.

I agree. I go up there in the F-250 and it about kills me sometimes.

Musashi3000GT
04-27-2005, 02:29 PM
you might of bent your rim too.

-Jayson-
04-27-2005, 02:29 PM
you know whats ever worse? Our stupid ass governor just doubled the maximum weight limit on trucks driving in our state. Ohh goodie, now the roads will get twice as bad twice as fast!

clawhammer
04-27-2005, 02:43 PM
I'm from Michigan as well. I know how you feel. But then again we have probably the worst winter (at least for roads) of anywhere in the US. In the day the snow melts to slush, gets into all the cracks in the road, and freezes again during the night. Cycle repeats from October to April.

chexmixa
04-27-2005, 02:57 PM
LOL you think roads get bad in michagan? You should check out AZ. They have to repave the freeways once every 2 years cause the sun kicks the freeways ass. The main streets aren't that bad. Bud the Highways/freeways have this lovely habbit of getting a rather large long crack in the road right were your right front or left tire should be. Its noisey and bad for your tires.

Luckly enough for Arizona we dump tons of money into the freeways/roads/highways, so if somethen breaks it gets fixed quick.

Hypsi87
04-27-2005, 03:28 PM
any of your MI guys live close to claire michigan or Mt. Pleaseant.

clawhammer
04-27-2005, 03:49 PM
Which part is that? I'm in SW, pretty close to South Bend, IN.

drdisque
04-27-2005, 04:17 PM
Goodyear Assurance is incredibly overpriced for what it is, with the power you're making you should have some real performance tires.

Clare is located in northern Mid-Michigan

Hypsi87
04-27-2005, 04:18 PM
Which part is that? I'm in SW, pretty close to South Bend, IN.

smack dab in the middle of the state

central michigan university

CivRacer95
04-27-2005, 04:52 PM
http://files.automotiveforums.com/gallery/watermark.php?file=/503/232382Nelson.JPG

-Jayson-
04-27-2005, 05:19 PM
Goodyear Assurance is incredibly overpriced for what it is, with the power you're making you should have some real performance tires.

Clare is located in northern Mid-Michigan

yeah im kinda pissed with the tires as well. I told the guy i needed some good road gripping tires. Im shredding these tires on the pavement. So i called them up and told them about it, i think they are kidna pissed at me, but whatever. So the guy is gonna order me some continental extreme contact tires. Zrated that are also seasonal. I did a peel out today with the tires, i left a tire marks no less than 15 feet long. And that was after driving them around and breaking them in.

TheStang00
04-27-2005, 07:28 PM
So the guy is gonna order me some continental extreme contact tires. Zrated that are also seasonal.

i have those on my car, i love those damn things, i got some new back tires for winter cause my continentals are kinda worn down, some cooper tires, and those things dont grip for shit i burn out on accident all the time. those continental tires were great though

drdisque
04-28-2005, 01:39 AM
next time you need tires go to Gratiot Wheel & Tire on Gratiot in Roseville, i know its a drive from you but they are by far the best place in town

Igovert500
04-28-2005, 04:47 PM
Gotcha beat...day after easter I busted 2 rims on the PA turnpike...luckily they agreed to pay my deductible...Of course that was almost a month ago and I still havn't gotten the check.
So the vr4 is still sitting on bent rims and flat tires.

Ridenour
04-29-2005, 06:28 AM

I'm in St. Johns - about 50 miles straight south of mt. pleaseant on US-27.

Add your comment to this topic!