Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Hondata s100 questions

tunglnguyen
04-27-2005, 02:14 AM
I currently am looking at getting a Hondata s100 system with boost for by 18c1 turbo setup. I want to know how hard is it to chip it or if i can send it to someone and they chip it. I'm not buying off of a Hondata dealer though. Also I know that the chip comes with a set base fuel map. Can I drive with that for a while after the install with my turbo without tunning or will that not be wise? I guess I want to know how the s100 works, like will it automatically read the boost im at and add fuel according to the base map? or does it add only a certian amount of fuel that is set or that the tuner sets it to?

turboEKhatch
04-27-2005, 01:35 PM
If you know how to solder you can probably chip it, but if it's your first time it wouldn't hurt to pay 20 bucks to get it done professionally so you don't fuck anything up. You can drive around on a basemap, but don't boost. The motor will not compensate for boost, and won't add any more fuel or pull out timing untill you get it tuned.

tunglnguyen
04-27-2005, 01:39 PM
Ok But I dont know anyone around that can do it, is there a place online that I can send my ecu to get it done? Also from what you said, if i dont have my turbo ready I can still drive with the chipped ecu na? and also since i cant drive around boosted untuned then how do i make sure that everything is in working condition after the install?

turboEKhatch
04-27-2005, 03:47 PM
Ok But I dont know anyone around that can do it, is there a place online that I can send my ecu to get it done?

www.pgmfi.org, lots of people who'll chip it on there.

Also from what you said, if i dont have my turbo ready I can still drive with the chipped ecu na?

Yes, the basemap on there should be for a stock motor scaled to your injectors.

and also since i cant drive around boosted untuned then how do i make sure that everything is in working condition after the install?

Unless you bought a used turbo with shaft play it should be fine. You can still check for leaks and everything without boosting.

superbluecivicsi
04-27-2005, 04:14 PM
if your getting the s100 system, you can either:

chip the ecu yourself or buy an ecu already hondata ready.

who is yout tuner? take it to him and have him chip the ecu and get a basemap. if the current basemap is not close to your setup do not run it.

take it to your tuner, he will take care of you.

tunglnguyen
04-27-2005, 05:18 PM
Basically I was going to take it to payn in detroit. I hear that he does a great job with tuning, but i dont know if he installs chips. ill have to check, if anyone knows let me know. i also would like to buy a s100 or s200 with boost system if anyone has one to sell.

superbluecivicsi
04-29-2005, 01:49 PM
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1218372
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1226998

Add your comment to this topic!