Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

DPFE Sensor , Where is it???

FordT2000
04-26-2005, 09:32 PM
Hi Im new to the forum, great forum by the way. I have a 2000 Ford Taurus 3.0L DOHC. I need to replace the DPFE sensor but am having no luck finding it. Is it hidden somewhere? If someone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. I have seached on the net, and have found some diagrams of the EGR system but hasn't helped me in finding mine. One other question should i buy it though the ford dealer or can i get one from an auto parts store. I think Ford wanted $76.00 does that sound right ?Thanks in advance. Matt

sfontain
04-27-2005, 07:03 AM
Unfortunately, yes, this is a part that you most definitely should only swap with a factory replacement.

way2old
04-27-2005, 06:58 PM
It is a small box about 1 1/2 inches squart.that has 2 rubber hoses and a 3 wire connector going to it. It is either aluminum housing or a black plastic housing.

FordT2000
04-27-2005, 07:54 PM
Thanks for the reply guys, I still haven't found it, probably right under my nose and I just can't see it. I have the Haynes Repair Manual, the pictures in the book show the DPFE plain as day right between the EGR valve and the vacuum solenoid. My engine looks different from the pics in the book though. I going to go and try to look again. Thanks again, Matt

2000 3.0 Liter (181-cid) DOHC Duratec engine

70charger
04-30-2005, 07:58 AM
Hi, my check engine light came on with i believe it was a code po401 , which the book said was insufficient EGR flow. I would like to know if you had the same code displayed, i tested my EGR valve and i believe it is working properly, so im thinking it might be the DPFE sensor, it seems there is alot of trouble with these parts ,your help would be appreciated and if anyone else has any input. Thanks

FordT2000
04-30-2005, 11:08 AM
Hi, my check engine light came on with i believe it was a code po401 , which the book said was insufficient EGR flow. I would like to know if you had the same code displayed, i tested my EGR valve and i believe it is working properly, so im thinking it might be the DPFE sensor, it seems there is alot of trouble with these parts ,your help would be appreciated and if anyone else has any input. Thanks

Yes, I got the same code (PO401) ,my EGR valve tested ok also. I talk to the parts dept at the ford dealership and they told me that most of the time it was the DPFE sensor, and I did locate mine by the way and it tested bad. So I plan on changing it next week, hopefully that will get rid of the check engine light. Matt

FordT2000
05-02-2005, 09:22 PM
Got the DPFE sensor today from the Ford dealership and it was only $30 so that made me happy. The engine light is gone now so thats even better :) Matt

way2old
05-03-2005, 07:05 AM
Thanks for the fix post. Glad it is going for ya. :smokin:

knoaljr
06-27-2005, 06:41 PM
I am also having The Same trouble code.Did your vehicle idle and run rough. I bought a new sensor over the weekend but I have not changed it yet.I am also getting terrible gas mileage.I believe the location is under the cowl on the back side of the motor.Does any of this sound familar? Thanks

demotim00
07-11-2005, 06:31 PM
My parents own a 99 Taurus with the 3.0L single overhead cam(OHC), and there DPFE Sensor is needing replacement, and I plan to do it for them as my mother doesnt know anything about cars and my father is disabled and unable to work on it. However I have no clue where to find this sensor, and have no haynes, chilton, or any other repair book at my dispossal. Can someone please help me on where I can find this sensor?

way2old
07-11-2005, 07:52 PM
Try this site and see if it helps.
http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBroker?ForwardPage=/az/cds/en_us/0900823d/80/1a/f6/93/0900823d801af693.jsp

demotim00
07-11-2005, 08:08 PM
Try this site and see if it helps.
http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBroker?ForwardPage=/az/cds/en_us/0900823d/80/1a/f6/93/0900823d801af693.jsp

I believe this well probably help me alot, I'm going to take a look in the morning after I get off work and see if I can find it. Thanks.

demotim00
07-18-2005, 09:42 PM
I believe this well probably help me alot, I'm going to take a look in the morning after I get off work and see if I can find it. Thanks.

Well I got around to checking where the part was on my parents wagon, and thanks for way2old giving me the website url for the location of the part, I was able to find it which in about 2 minutes, and managed to get the part changed for them and reset the computer. Havent had the check engine light come back on yet, and this was Saturday when I changed it.

seeasea
07-23-2005, 07:26 PM
Well I got around to checking where the part was on my parents wagon, and thanks for way2old giving me the website url for the location of the part, I was able to find it which in about 2 minutes, and managed to get the part changed for them and reset the computer. Havent had the check engine light come back on yet, and this was Saturday when I changed it.

Where is it on a 24V DOHC? and how to take it out?

FordT2000
07-24-2005, 09:28 AM
Where is it on a 24V DOHC? and how to take it out?
In the center of the car look directly behind the engine, between the engine and the firewall. You should see a small black box. There will be two vacuum lines with rubber ends on them that the box will be plugged into, and one electrical connector. It will not be mounted to the engine or anything it will just be plugged into the two vacuum lines. Maybe this will help. Thats where mine is anyway on my 2000 24V DOHC. Good luck. Matt

Add your comment to this topic!