Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Temperature Control...

chuck16
04-26-2005, 09:03 AM
Hey Guys,
I've done some searching and haven't found an exact answer so I just thought that I would pose the question and see what results came out.

Is your Temperature very Variable? IE: Do you have a good mix of Cold/Warm/Hot Air.

It would seem on my 99' that only the last little bit on the cold side shuts the heat off. The heat is HOT HOT HOT and I have pretty good variation with the A/C on. However, in just regular operation it would seem like just the last little bit of the Cool indicator((Knob turned almost all the way counterclockwise)) allows a decent mix of warm and cold air.
This is with fresh air coming in and not in recirc incase anybody is wondering.

I am wondering if I should change the "Heater Accuator"? It would seem that is what a lot of the other posts are pointing to but, I just wanted to make sure I was on the right track before I start throwing money at it. :confused:

Thoughts???

TXAGG05
04-26-2005, 02:47 PM
Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but in my truck it is usually hot if not turned all the way to cold. It doesn't get much below freezing here during the winter and I never turn my heat past halfway because it gets too hot. Even when I go to Taos, NM in the winter I usually can't leave the temp knob past halfway once the cab warms up.
Without the compressor turned on my temp usually depends on the outside temperature(cold vent when I have it set on cold and it's cold outside, but warmer if it's warmer outside). I just figure this is normal, but you might be talking about something else.

Jeb

chuck16
04-26-2005, 02:50 PM
Sounds the same as me but, I'd be interested to see if anybody has anything else to add. Thanks Jeb

Evan

Add your comment to this topic!