Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Daytime running lights

CanaMark
04-25-2005, 11:50 PM
I want to dis-connect or cut the wires for my day time running lights. I hate them, and I want them gone. My safe driving habits are the best around, I dont need an extra aid in my skillz. My skillz pay the billz. :biggrin:

Anyway is their a fuse or connection I can dis-connect on my 1993 YJ I6 5 spd?

Also I heard if I do not do something with my tranny vents and other vents when I go offraoding this can cause damage. What do I need to do to make my rig offroad ready!!?

stangfreak7
04-27-2005, 09:35 AM
as far as the running lights i'm not sure, but for the tranny vents and axle vents, where are they located now??? As long as you dont submerge them in water they will be fine. Usually they are mounted up uner the hood so you have a good ways to go before submerging them in anything that can damage the axle grease or tranny.

CanaMark
04-27-2005, 10:58 PM
What do you do, buy fuel hose and attach them, then route them to the under-side of hood?

stangfreak7
04-28-2005, 02:35 PM
your vents should already be run up under the hood. Look up against the firewall, there should be a black hose run up and attached to it with a clear cap on top that allows it to suck in air. There should be at least two of these. Possiblly one is in the front mounted near the radiatior. If it is like mine it is mounted i believe to the left of the radiator.

MadCactus
06-01-2005, 09:55 PM
For the lights there should be a relay that operates them, since I have a TJ, so I don't know which one it is. You'll have to find the right relay in your fuse panel, it's probably the same one that operates your high beams, and short across it. I'm not an electrical whiz though maybe someone else can walk you through that part, my friend took care of my fog lights turning off when I turned on the high beams, and I'm not sure what exactly he did.

o|||||||o
06-01-2005, 10:07 PM
The DRLs are on a relay that will need altered. The Canadia versions of the TJ have the DRLs, but the US version does not.

Easy fix once you figure out which relay it is.

CanaMark
06-02-2005, 03:01 AM
mine is a usa yj, but its been imported into canuck land.

o|||||||o
06-02-2005, 06:24 AM
mine is a usa yj, but its been imported into canuck land.

I am sure your relay is going to be an aftermarket add-on then. Follow the wiring schematics and you should find is pretty easy.

Add your comment to this topic!