Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Truck bed bolts '89 b2600i ext cab Long Box

CanaMark
04-24-2005, 11:53 PM
I got a 1989 B2600i ext cab long box, I need to pull the bed. Where are the bolts that hold it down, how many are their?

I want to get a mobile sand blaster out to blast my rails and bed rust. Paint the frame rails up, a nice black. Maybe even do some muff work, they seem rusted out pretty good.

Any suggestions on how to do a cat-back job? Do I have to weld, or can I buy peices of exhaust pipe from store and bolt em together nicely. Its easy enough to rent a welder, but want to do a quicky job. That wont comprimes my trucks performance.

mazdubracing
05-26-2005, 04:50 PM
will be 6 bolts accessible from the b ottom, one on each side in front of the tires on the outside of the frame and one on each side of the truck behind the tires on the outside and one on each side at the very back of the frame in the center of the rail, the frame rail is angle cut at the back so you can get to those bolts and they all have a 17mm head dont forget to remove the filler neck from the bed as well although the screws there are often stubborn to remove and usually strip out there so when i have done it i just removed the hoses from the spout and vent and if you have an interiour fuel door release be careful with that cable as well as it will stretch if you just yank on it and then will no longer be usefull and they suck to replace so just be careful and make sure you have everything off before you remove it

Add your comment to this topic!