Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

95 jim wont fire

ousooners1baby
04-24-2005, 10:27 PM
no fire at plug or wont show on timing lite.could it be bug or cap?fuse maybe i dont know.recently changed the cpi unit.it was going out , i changed the regulator. it started better but did not fix. so i canged the whole unit.by the way it still bleeds of very slowly after reaching 58 psi. is that allright?sorry im so lost, help would be appreciated.ps i checked the coil witn ohmmeter, says good.is it in the cap,maybe pickup coil?all fuses are ok.

blazes9395
04-25-2005, 07:29 PM
If you have no spark, you have ignition problem at this point. Check your fuses make sure all is good, you need to check your ignition module, and finally (which I am leaning to) is the crankshaft sensor, located at the bottom of the timing cover, right beside the crankshaft. Hope this helps.

ousooners1baby
04-25-2005, 09:18 PM
you need to check your ignition module" is this the module in the dist. cap?

blazes9395
04-26-2005, 12:38 AM
Yes

ousooners1baby
04-26-2005, 07:56 PM
i think i found the prob. rotor bug and cap were in terrible shape.bug was almost worn in two.

BlazerLT
04-27-2005, 11:04 PM
You should do a full tuneup.

Allowing your ignition components to degrade to that sort of a condition is a sign of poor maintanence.

94 Jimmy
05-11-2005, 01:02 PM
Plugs, Cap, Rotor, don't forget wires, if it's been over 50K replace them and the O2 sensor. The O2 can really take the edge off of a well running engine. It's the one infront of the CAT if you have two in you system.

Schrade
05-21-2005, 10:42 PM
WAY BAD CALL 94JIMMY!!!
A finely tuned motor does NOT even use the O2 sensor. A finely tuned motor uses all of the O2 which gets burned in the combustion process, and the O2 sensor does no work. A poorly tuned motor lets O2 get through the combustion process (by not burning it all), and into the exhaust, and the O2 sensor tells the ECM that compensation is necessary to fix another problem. If you'd like to see that in print, I'll be happy to get it to you. A bad O2 sensor is an extremely common myth!!!

Schrade
05-21-2005, 10:49 PM
WAY BAD CALL 94JIMMY!!!
A finely tuned motor does NOT even use the O2 sensor. A finely tuned motor uses all of the O2 which gets burned in the combustion process, and the O2 sensor does no work. A poorly tuned motor lets O2 get through the combustion process (by not burning it all), and into the exhaust, and the O2 sensor tells the ECM that compensation is necessary to fix another problem. If you'd like to see that in print, I'll be happy to get it to you. A bad O2 sensor is an extremely common myth!!!

ousooners1baby
05-23-2005, 11:31 PM
WAY BAD CALL 94JIMMY!!!

thank you all!!

BlazerLT
05-24-2005, 06:05 PM
A new O2 sensor is a smart thing to do at 100k.

Add your comment to this topic!