Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

question on 2.8 sensor?

streetdreams420
04-24-2005, 06:27 PM
well today I replaced the power steering pump, and happened to hit the sensor in the block right behind the power steering pump,and snaped the top of the sensor off, and was wondering what sensor this is? and how important is it. it's a 87 2.8

BlazerLT
04-24-2005, 07:59 PM
Be more specific with the location.

Also, all sensors are important and cannot be driven around with them destroyed.

streetdreams420
04-24-2005, 09:37 PM
the sensor is located on the drivers side of the block right in the front, just behind the power steering pump, and just below the valve cover, am just wondering if it's my temp sensor, because i have already put in a water temp gauge, and a oil pressure gauge, becuse my factory gauges craped out awhile ago.

rksnc
04-25-2005, 09:00 PM
The temp sensor would be in the head on the drivers side. And it would be the one for the gauge. The temp sensor is near the T-Stat. If it is in block sounds like maybe knock sensor but thought it was on passenger side of block.

rksnc
04-25-2005, 09:01 PM
The temp sending unit would be in the head on the drivers side. And it would be the one for the gauge. The temp sensor is near the T-Stat. If it is in block sounds like maybe knock sensor but thought it was on passenger side of block.

Add your comment to this topic!