Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

95 Riviera SC - Air Suspension and Door Light

greendragon
04-24-2005, 05:44 PM
Hi All,

I am a "seasoned" 95 Riv owner. I have had it since Dec 99 and have "enjoyed" my share of experiences. I have decided to keep it, but need to address a few items.

1. Steering Column moves. I mean just a little bit. I have seen threads on this suggesting removal of dashboard to gain access to a pin on the RHS of the column and replace. Any other ideas or suggestions?

2. Air suspension. When parked, engine off, there is a noise coming from under the rear of the car underneath, which suspicion leads me to believe that it is the air pump. What gives? Has it had it? What is the problem? What are the suspension symptoms if there is a problem? How do I fix it? Can it be replaced with regular shocks? If yes, show me!

3. Drivers side door. The red light on the edge of the door panel is out. I took it to a (non Buick) dealership for replacing it and all they did was crack the lense. Now that I have taken it to a Buick dealership they will not touch it for fear of breaking the lense. How does one replace this bulb?

4. Tires. I have factory rims with Uniroyal Tiger Paw. Still have lots of tread left after 86,000 miles, but sidewalls are showing signs of cracking. I kinda like these tire even if they make the car float a bit. What have other 95 Riv owners fitted to their standard wheels?

5. Handling improvements. No doubt this is the worst handling car I have ever driven. I have a feeling as to what it would be like to be 200lbs overweight. I have never felt so disconnected in a car before. So how do I improve handling?

Add your comment to this topic!