Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Replacing Interior Door Light

mtbdiablo
04-24-2005, 05:27 PM
Hi, I'm new to the forum and did a search on this subject but couldn't find anything. The bulb fell out of my passenger side door interior light on my 2001 Silverado. I took the lense cover off and now it won't go back on. It looks like it may have been glued on. Just wondering if anyone else has replaced this bulb and how they reattached the lense cover. It is the little red and white light on the edge of the interior door. Thanks for any help.

chuck16
04-24-2005, 10:33 PM
I was going to try that route when I realized it just wasn't going to come off. I read later that the door panel must be removed to change the lightbulb. A bit silly on GM's part. However, the door panel comes off really easy.
As for your now busted lense. The only thing I can suggest is to glue it back on or see if you can a replacement lense assembly that would go back in the door. I'm sure the glue way wouldn't look all that bad.

Sorry, too little too late, for yah... :(

BlenderWizard
04-24-2005, 10:47 PM
Superglue/Krazy Glue seems like it would do the trick here.

mtbdiablo
04-25-2005, 09:18 AM
Sounds like I'll have to try the super glue. I should have posted here before I broke it off. But I'm sure it will look fine with the glue.
Thanks for the replies!

Add your comment to this topic!