Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2001 Accord coupe engine upgrade question

rycoloh
04-24-2005, 12:27 AM
Hey I'm new to this forum, but I was glad to find it. I'm not a mechanic by any means so I apologize if my questions make me sound like an idiot.

I bought a 2001 accord coupe with a 4 cylinder engine 4 months ago. I'm really wanting some more horsepower in it now and I want to know what my best options are. I'd like to get a v-6 in there, but I'd like to know generally how expensive it is to buy and install. I live in Ohio and don't know of any places to get it done.

Short of that, anything else I can do to give the car more power?

I'd appreciate any responses from all you people with more knowledge than myself!

icE_x
04-24-2005, 11:02 AM
basic i/h/e (intake, header, exhaust) will get you a little more power and prepare you for bigger mods

turbocharger or supercharger will get you a lot of hp, but is pretty costly

you could go the naturally aspirated route, and bump up your compression etc

What is your budget and how much extra HP are you looking for? Then we could give you a better answer custom tailored to your needs! PM me if you have any questions ^_^

Hatrick101
04-24-2005, 11:05 PM
I have the same car you have except its a 2002. For some reason im a big fan of the 4cyl so i stayed with that and went with the turbocharger. Actually having it put in tomorrow. hoping to get 300 hp when all is said and done next summer. I was in the same position you were, didnt know what to do with my car. If you have a bit of money, do the h23 swap then turbo. Or just stick with the turbo on your current f23. If your looking for exhaust get INVIDIA. Ive gotton soo many comments on how good it sounds, i love it. Wish ya luck with whichever you decide.

rycoloh
04-24-2005, 11:48 PM
How much is a turbocharger? Three grand or so? I don't really have that kind of money to drop if that's the case.

Hey ice, what do you mean by bump up the compression? Anything I could do that would be cheaper than a charger would be cool.

Whumbachumba
04-25-2005, 12:03 AM
How much power are you getting from that turbocharger?

If you can afford it, switch to the v6 and auto/manual tranny depending on what you prefer. I don't know what a swap runs, but I would guess a few thousand.

ngc604
04-25-2005, 12:24 AM
i think it would cost about as much to swap to a v6 as it would be to bolt on a super or turbo. i was looking to do a f22 swap to a h22 in my 93 and it was going to cost me the same to swap as it would to put a turbo on. that was about 3 to 4 grand

blacknight
04-26-2005, 03:10 PM
DO NOT go with the V6 swap. There are problems with the V6 tranny. Your best bet (if you're serious) is to swap in a H22 motor from a prelude. It's puts out the same hp (200) as a V6 tranny.

If you're looking to modify the stock F23, start with basic bolt ons and do some internal work. But that would be about as much as getting an H22 motor

alizezaccord
05-02-2005, 03:06 PM
V6 no, stick with the 4 cylinder and upgrade it. Turbos can range from 2500 and up. If not turbo now than go with internal engine work such as pistons and rings, camshaft, rods, u know. Or you can do the h22 swap. Jus depends on how much ou want to spend and future planning. How much u trying to spend?

darkhonda89
01-16-2011, 11:52 PM
im in the same boat ..see i have a perfect 00 accord4 door, 4 cyl ulev...2.3 sohc ,v-tec....i have a 01 accord 4 door ,6cyl,3.0,hit in the rear ,runs and drives great,no trouble ...very nice drive line 37,685 miles both are auto my 4 cyl is beat..177,000 original miles ..wanna do this swap ,verrrrry good with engine swaps ,and work at a auto salvage yard seems like a straight foward swap ,motor trans ,engine cradile ????? concerns come in...does it just swap ....will or wont it work ...both cars are complete ...just guide me in the right dirrection ...how about axles ,spindles ,hubs,struts ecu,...the usual witch mounts work best.also how about the 5 lug rear suspension conversion ...b cool to have a 5 lug front and a 4 lug rear...lmao....my 6cyl donar is a salvage wreck... total in rear..... not worth fixin .....figure this might b a straight foward swap wanna give it a shot.......thanks for any help ...anybody please .......

Add your comment to this topic!