Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Fujimi Honda Integra Type R

Twist
04-06-2002, 02:38 PM
http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/261534fuj03395box.jpg

Well, I'm putting down my Tamiya R34 Skyline to begin on this model. I got it in from HobbyLink just the other day along with some O-Z Racing NOVA's that I will be modifying to look like Konig Toxxin's.

The O-Z Racing NOVA's:
http://www.hlj.com/images/fuj/fuj19197box.gif
Here are the Toxxin's:
http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/293193toxxins.jpg

Most of the modifications on this kit will be color-based, not much structural. I will be shaving off the license plate holder on the front of the model (I HATE those things!) :mad: It will be painted TS-08 Italian Red and will have a carbon fiber hood (decal). I might do altezza's for the taillights, but I don't know. I'm also going make this car LHD so it will be like an Acura Integra Type R that has been modified to look like the Honda JDM version. I might modify the front end to make some of the vents into actual vents. I don't know for certain, it depends on how I feel.

I've gotten the kit out of the box and their bags and have begun inspecting it. It seems to be typical Fujimi quality. No really noticable flash, no badly molded parts or missing peices. Tomorrow or Monday, I'll "fix" the license plate holder and maybe the grill. After that, I'll sand and wash and then surprise, surprise *PRIMER!* I'm excited about this kit and it loks to be fairly solid.

It seems once you start modifying kits and changing them to be like you want them to be, you can't stop! :D

flyonthewall
04-06-2002, 03:57 PM
Thats a cool project dude, look forward to seeing it. A tip for when doing the cf hood if u are going to use cf decal for it... Some cf decals are not very subtle, so in order to tone them down and for a cool look airbrush a few layers of tamiya smoke onto it, followed by some future/klear for a gloss finish.

hAnGoOkNoM
04-06-2002, 07:18 PM
How long did it take for hlj to ship it to u?

Twist
04-06-2002, 07:48 PM
It took a while for me to tell them to ship it. I wanted them to package a lot of things together so it wouldn't cost as much.
3~4 Days to: package
3~4 Days to: arrive (I live in the US).

It's a cheap kit, only $7.60. I will say this, the stock rims stink. They are SOOO dinky! That's why I got aftermarket.

Jay!
04-06-2002, 07:57 PM
Doesn't Phil's ITR have the Fujimi stock wheels?

Nice kit. :) Any fancy mods planned for the interior?

hAnGoOkNoM
04-06-2002, 08:50 PM
Are you going to lower it?
I wanted to buy that same ITR and a civic from hlj but they were out of stock :(

Twist
04-06-2002, 09:49 PM
Jay: Mostly it is just going to be custom paint job for the interior. I will be adding a shift light, boost gauge, engine temp guage and oil pressure guage. Might add seat belts and some 12" (to scale!) speakers in the rear with some itty bitty tweeters in the front.

hAnGoOkNoM: I will definitely be lowering it. I don't know how much, because I haven't gotten that far. I don't think that I will have to lower it that much because I will be using 18" (to scale) rims.

Just remembered that I'll be making custom mirrors that have less wind resistance.

hAnGoOkNoM
04-06-2002, 09:53 PM
damn~ thats gonna b one tite car.
I want to do that with my ITR too but im still kinda new at building car models and i dont have the parts either but im looking foward to your updates and pix!

pkw1
04-07-2002, 05:01 AM
mine's lowerd too, with stock wheels, IMO they're pretty well sized.. i wanted a stock look. (since I have like 5 ITRs... I should have 1 stock one :) )

the front lip is molded in, front licence plate thinggy gone, side mirrors molded in then carved the folding mirrors lines back out. carved open all the vents in the front.

check it out in the gallery

:cool:

primera man
04-07-2002, 06:55 AM
I was looking at this kit the other day and was quite impressed by it.
Good move on putting bigger wheels on it.
Keep us posted with up-dates.

hiro
04-07-2002, 02:51 PM
Phil your ITR is niiiiice :D have you built your other ones?

Twist how do you plan to modify the wheels?

Twist
04-07-2002, 07:40 PM
[i]originally posted by hiro:

Painfully I assure you! I'm just going to use the modelling cure all: PUTTY! I'll prolly wind up ruining them in which case I have my old rims left from my Revell ITR as backup. We'll see, we'll see.

pkw1
04-08-2002, 05:26 AM
Originally posted by hiro
Phil your ITR is niiiiice :D have you built your other ones?

I have a Spoon and a Mugen one that is primed and ready to be painted, but the lack of good carbon fiber decal is stalling me from the spoon one, and I'm still fighting myself if I want to scratch built that new 3piece adjustable Mugen rear wing for the DC2.. since I'm using the wheels off of the Tamiya S2000V (which are the mugen wheels that are on the Mugen ITR), and I also scratch built the new mugen hood scoope for the car, so the only thing that it's lacking is the new wing... just to make it complete :D

tenzoracerevovii
04-12-2002, 02:07 AM
so twist.......you don't plan on putting on the mugen front body kit on it?.....because i was going to ask you how you would do it......cuz gluing it on top of the bumper looks so gay.......but i don't think i can cut it straight either.....so any help anyone?......

calypso
05-23-2002, 09:25 AM
has anyone heard anything about the Civic type R coming to the U.S.? i have an 2000 Si, now and looking to upgrade. Please email me if you've heard anything. Peace

mis5y@yahoo.com

pkw1
05-23-2002, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by tenzoracerevovii
so twist.......you don't plan on putting on the mugen front body kit on it?.....because i was going to ask you how you would do it......cuz gluing it on top of the bumper looks so gay.......but i don't think i can cut it straight either.....so any help anyone?......

just slowly cut it away, and leave some room for errors, after you got the stock bumper cutted off, carefully file away the extras until you are down to being able to fit the Mugen bumper on nicely... don't worry about the gaps, because they are easily filled up with paste-type putty

:)

tenzoracerevovii
05-24-2002, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by calypso
has anyone heard anything about the Civic type R coming to the U.S.? i have an 2000 Si, now and looking to upgrade. Please email me if you've heard anything. Peace

mis5y@yahoo.com

2000 si?.....the CTR coming to america is the 7th gen so it won't really matter for you......the motor is the rsx type-s motor.....200 hp w/ a six speed gearbox........w/ the b16a2 you have.....you should be able to make a lot of power.....dohc vtec.....and there's no point in getting the b16b motor if you can get a b18c-r for the same price...

Add your comment to this topic!