Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Tower Hobbies

hAnGoOkNoM
04-06-2002, 01:07 PM
Did ne1 order from Tower hobbies b4? If so are they reliable?
How long did shipping take and cost? Thnx~

tazdev
04-06-2002, 09:28 PM
I have ordered RC car parts from tower hobbies and even over the Christmas period it took just a week to get to New Zealand.

Prices for the stuff I brought was reasonable compared to our prices here

Hard_Case
04-09-2002, 06:32 AM
hehe.....I just recieved my first order from Tower Hobbies a few days ago. Web shopping was very easy, prices were rather competitive compared to other shops in my area, and the stock listings were accurate. Shipping actually took less time than expected, but I would make note of two things:

1. Tower seems to maintain two warehouses...one in Illinois, the other in Nevada. Now, this isn't at all a bad thing, but sometimes an order might have to be shipped from multiple places..but they do NOT charge extra shipping for it. There's a funny little thing about it...

2. Certain items, such as paints and spray cans, which are flame hazards, they are not able to ship via any air method. Being in Hawaii, I'm not exactly sure what they would do, but this might affect your order. Nothing Tower can do, as it is US law which prevents it.

It's funny....I used to do a lot of modelling...mostly Japanese sci-fi type models, but when I moved over a year ago, I just stopped...never had the time, nor the space. Found this place looking for info on Nissan Skylines....and then I popped here....three days later I dropped 160 bucks to Tower on kits (Tamiya 1/24 R32 GT-R and R34-GTR...no surprise there), and a crapload of supplies...primer, paints, cement, etc.
EVERYTHING shipped from Illinois EXCEPT for a small jar of Titanium Silver paint. Came in a box that could have fit at least 50 jars....

Well...in general I blame all of you here for 150 bucks out of my pocket. Guess it's only fair to blame you for the joy of returning to modelling...but I digress..

If you plan on ordering a lot from Tower, shoot them an email and ask how they might handle the shipping flammables to hawaii.....but I'd give them a definite thumbs up....now where is that R/C catalog....I need another money sucking hobby......:D

Jay!
04-09-2002, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Hard_Case
Well...in general I blame all of you here for 150 bucks out of my pocket. Guess it's only fair to blame you for the joy of returning to modelling...Yup... :p That's what we do to people!!! :devil:

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?s=&postid=169116

pkw1
04-09-2002, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by jay@af
Yup... :p That's what we do to people!!! :devil:

yes yes... SUCK YOU IN :evillaugh

Add your comment to this topic!