Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Warning On Microwave Drying!!!

ATMDC
04-22-2005, 10:26 PM
putting your cars in the microwave for drying them is dangerous, i recently put my AE86 in the microwave for drying and the fumes built up inside of it, well when my sister when to use it, it made bad electrical humming noises and crackling, im just letting everyone that does this know that it may damage your microwave. i was using duplicolor paint. a laquer (sp?)

tigeraid
04-22-2005, 10:38 PM
Ya I would never use the microwave myself, I learned that the hard way as a kid when I used Fantastik (I guess kinda like CSC, also has toxic fumes and vapour) to clean the inside of the microwave. It too made lots of weird noises and smells and food cooked in it tasted like ass from now on. I certainly wouldn't let paint dry in it.

I strongly recommend a basic tupperware container for drying instead. I shoot it in the paint booth, and as soon as it's dry enough that I can get a hand on it SOMEWHERE, I pull it off its wire stand and put it in the container.

Always make sure to clean the container with soapy water between uses too, and that it's also perfectly dry before the car goes in.

SchuberT
04-22-2005, 11:20 PM
Normally people use an old microwave that won't be used for nuking any more........

ozstrider
04-23-2005, 03:36 AM
I only use my microwave for zapping CD's. Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehe. But no i wouldnt put models in one reguarly used.

boostspike
04-23-2005, 04:28 AM
Normally people use an old microwave that won't be used for nuking any more........

:biggrin: thats what i thought too. i was shocked to hear some of you guys actually used an active microwave...

primera man
04-23-2005, 05:02 AM
Cant say i have had this problem happen to me

mike@af
04-23-2005, 05:27 AM
Kiwi's must like the smell, taste and noises, or have microwaves that are much bigger and have an exhaust fan built in. :lol:

primera man
04-23-2005, 05:32 AM
Kiwi's must like the smell, taste and noises, or have microwaves that are much bigger and have an exhaust fan built in. :lol:

We well eat anything over here mate :licka:

iceblend
04-23-2005, 05:44 AM
Dont know about you guys but i put mine in the big oven to dry and then after that i just open the door to rid the smell of the paint.

nis.k.a.
04-23-2005, 09:41 AM
We well eat anything over here mate :licka:

Anything??? J/K

Can't say I've ever had this problem, either. Microwave that is.

Vric
04-23-2005, 10:05 AM
haha

I use a scrap microwave :D

but I was using it before and no problem

Add your comment to this topic!