Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Won't start!

Y_Lee_Coyote
04-22-2005, 11:51 AM
I have a 91 s10 blazer 4.3liter tbi w/ 200,000mi. A few weeks ago I noticed it was leaking alot of oil (about a quart every two weeks).
One night on the way home ( it was raining realy hard out) it started bucking and felt like it wanted to stall. Well I made it home but the next day when I was leaving for work I got about 300 yards down my street and it started doing the same thing and finaly stalled. It will not restart. It seems to be getting spark and fuel ( I dont have a fuel pressure guage or now how to use one but it is spraying fuel into the tbi and after many atempts at starting it smells like it is fluded.).
Is it time to let this thing die gracefully or can I get more out of her?
I'm at my wits end here. Someone please help! :confused:

eddieeckenrode
04-22-2005, 03:33 PM
TRy changing the ignition coil there about $20 bucks. or before you even do that put your car in a garage at night and turn off the lights and see if anything is jumping all over the place on your engine first, or in a really dark place at night if you dont have a garage

jackass#1
04-22-2005, 07:19 PM
i also have a 91 s10 blazer(200,000+ miles), great trucks. have you done a good tune up lately? check out cap rotor, wires plugs and both fuel and air filters.

Y_Lee_Coyote
04-23-2005, 11:08 AM
Ok replaced plugs, wires, coil, and cap. Have spark but still not starting.

:banghead:

jackass#1
04-23-2005, 05:42 PM
if it smells like it is flooded, then the spark you say you have is not igniting the fuel as it should. maybe timing is off. it could be off just enough to spark too soon or too late.

Y_Lee_Coyote
04-25-2005, 11:49 AM
Ok I tryed the timing this past weekend no luck. Keep the Ideas coming Please.

Add your comment to this topic!