Page updated on 04-20-2018

Pics with the silver mesh- hehe....


Predator
04-06-2002, 03:04 AM
Ok I put in silver grill and changed the color of the things that where right behind the grill. Check it out- I think it looks good now:

http://www.blackthorns.de/predator/fronts1.jpg

http://www.blackthorns.de/predator/fronts2.jpg


So what do u think?!

Veetec
04-06-2002, 04:47 AM
I think itīs well done! Good job, Predator. :cool:

Goosse
04-06-2002, 04:57 AM
Looks good:) Good job

civic_1.6_16v
04-06-2002, 05:21 AM
Yeah looks really good I would say

I like the silver mesh look, I have it to in my bumper

Feels great that you followed my advise about the mesh :D

riceviking
04-06-2002, 05:24 AM
nice job, looks clean, clean is good :D

I want to put mesh in the grill and in the bottom bumper "hole" (?) (y'all know what I mean?) , and put on a lip, like accord did with his accordCE8 accord, 'cause I can't afford a kit and think this looks good.

Did you custom make your mesh or buy it ready made? Was it hard to put in? Did you have to take off the entire bumper or just the grill..god I want a helms manual, but nobody sells them up here..

civic_1.6_16v
04-06-2002, 05:28 AM
Originally posted by riceviking
Did you custom make your mesh or buy it ready made? Was it hard to put in? Did you have to take off the entire bumper or just the grill..god I want a helms manual, but nobody sells them up here..

I have it in my front bumper like I said, and I bought a piece of mesh about 100x20 in size and cut out the strips I needed
and then tied them with white tie-rips to my bumper
You hardly see the tie-rips, I have them on the outside of the bumper
not he inside like Predator.
Ask AccordCE8 he has made his grill mesh fit like a glove on his car :D

Predator
04-06-2002, 07:16 AM
Well I bought a piece of grill in the size 160x40. After that I took the original plastic grill out of the frame (this was a pain!) and made the grill fitting the frame. After that I put back the chrome frame and tighten all together using the lower frame of the old grill, putting the new mesh upon it and put the chrome frame also upon this all.

I had to paint the grill with chrome cans but this wasnt difficult :)

00'Civic SR
04-06-2002, 10:48 AM
Great job. That mesh looks very nice. Now that I see it I think a red H badge (from ITR) would look great on the mesh.

AccordCE8
04-06-2002, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Predator
Well I bought a piece of grill in the size 160x40. After that I took the original plastic grill out of the frame (this was a pain!) and made the grill fitting the frame. After that I put back the chrome frame and tighten all together using the lower frame of the old grill, putting the new mesh upon it and put the chrome frame also upon this all.

I had to paint the grill with chrome cans but this wasnt difficult :)

It looks really good, much better as I expected it to be according 2 the other pics of accords I had seen..... real nice
You just cut out the middle horizontal lamels (?) (lamellen?) out of the black plastic grill piece??? and then put on the mesh on the grill and fit the chrome surrounding on it? so the chrome surrounding is somewhat out of the car or is it so little that it can't be seen?
I thought about this way 2 but I want to keep my original things so I can better sell it when buying a new car. I looked at some dumpyards, but found nothing and buying a new stock honda one is €€€€
I just removed the whole grill then and put the mesh in... it was difficult 2 make it in good shape... and it's not in the real perfect shape now imo (I know I'm a perfectionist... but still) but i can't make it any better. (thanks civic16v16i for your 'glove comment' ...I feel flatterd(?))

Predator
04-06-2002, 01:30 PM
Hehe the word lamellen does exist in the german language so I know what u mean!

Well my parents are telling me everyday the thing with altering stock parts in a way it cant be made stock again- but I decided that I wont sell the car before it is dead!

Yeah, I just cut out the 'lamellen'. To explain this Ive to tell u what the stock grill consists of and how it all fits together:
The lower part consists of the a plastic mesh- thats the part whith the lamels and the mounting for the 'H'. The theres the chrome surrounding ("stand- alone") which can be removed from the lower part (there are screws holding it).
Now the thing I did, I took the lower part- removed the things u can see (lamels, 'H') but didnt remove the screw holdings. After that I had two parts: the chrome surrounding (stock- no need to change it) and the altered plastic grill (if I would have it installed- u would have only seen the chrome surrounding without anything in it). The next step was cutting the mesh to have the exact size the chrome surrounding has. After that I just made sure that I can screw the chrome surrounding on the lower plastic grill (I just cutted the parts of the mesh which where located upon the screw holes)- and that was it. I just tightened the srews holding thew chrome surrounding upon the plastic grill and did put the mesh between the lower grill and the chrome thing- due to this the mesh becames unmoveable :frog:

Well I think if u do it right u wont have any probs selling the car anyways. Yeah I know the difficulties of doin this without having a frame like the chrome surrounding: my lower black mesh is installed the same way urs is and it was really difficult.

Veetec
04-07-2002, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by Predator
Well my parents are telling me everyday the thing with altering stock parts in a way it cant be made stock again- but I decided that I wont sell the car before it is dead!

Iīve said that about all my past cars, too. Now Iīve bought the third car (the Prelude VTi) in about 5 years! :D

bracer
04-07-2002, 10:41 AM
Looks very nice, good lob :)

AccordCE8
04-08-2002, 03:47 AM
@ predator... your explanation is cristal clear ( a sentence a prime minister or so has said :D)
Your grill is build the same as mine then, what i expected, I still am not sure with cutting my stock grill... like veetec says... now you say you keep the car as long as possible... I want to bet for a pie that you have changed cars in... 3 years???
At a local honda dealer... there was an accord type-r for sale...'99 ... 80.000 km ... €21.500 ... not 2 bad.... I was thinking about it but then I had to lent money again and so on.... and that for a piece of metal... (In that thinking I'm happy I haven't bought it :))) )... so i'm willing 2 keep my car as long as possible also now....

Rice-Rocketeer
04-08-2002, 02:42 PM
http://www.blackthorns.de/predator/fronts1.jpg

Is that not the pimpest thing you ever did see in good ole DeustchLand. :smoka:

Originally posted by AccordCE8
At a local honda dealer... there was an accord type-r for sale...'99 ... 80.000 km ... €21.500 ... not 2 bad....

There's a reason it's $17K, it's two years old and it has 50,000 miles. Do yourself a favor and don't even consider it.

Predator
04-09-2002, 02:54 AM
Hello rene!

Question: 1. what means pimpest in this way?!?!

2. What kind of catalytic converter do I need? Could I use one from maybe the EJ9 or can I use any from a Civic?
3. Do u still have the offer for the header- and what kind is it- a 4-1 or a 4-2-1?!

Btw, is ur D15B7 a 3-stage?? And how much hp has it??

Glad to see ur back from spring break (I think its over?) :alien2:

Rice-Rocketeer
04-09-2002, 01:33 PM
Oh spring break has been over for a while, I've just been busy with school and a few other personal things. I'm switching majors :cool: I've been meaning to email you again but I always forget :)

1. Pimp: An individual who offers shelter and protection to prostitutes in return for a percentage of thier earnings. Pimps usually deck themselves out in expensive jewelry and outfits to attract new "clients". So to say you're car is pimp is to say that it looks very bling, bling. Get it? :)

2. Remind me of your engine code again? I believe I suggested an Ex or equivalent exhast system. Which for you guys the model would be Esi or something along those lines. Soemthing with a D16 in it but really any D series exhuast system should work. Just remember to get one with the catalytic converter located underneath the engine and not towards the front like yours.

3. I stil have the offer for the header but we need to address your exhuast system problem first. I've moved back my Dresden trip from May to late June so we still have a little bit of time. I probably couldn't fit a 4-1 in my suitcase so we'd probably have to go with the two piece 4-2-1. :)

And the 5th gen civic Dx and Lx engine, the D15B7, is a 1.5 liter SOHC 16v non-Vtec engine (no 3 stage) pushing about 102hp and 98lb/ft of torque.

Predator
04-09-2002, 02:24 PM
Ahh I got it :grey:
My engine code is d15Z8- I think this model doesnt exist there, pushing out 115hp with VTEC-Lev (something between VTEC-E and 3stage). But I ddont get it with the order of those engine codes- I thought there were only a D15B3 with 130hp, a D15B2 with around 90 :licker:

Does it also fit if I would use the exhaust system of a D14AX(maybe 5).
Yeah I would prefer a 4-2-1 because I think 4-1 are better for turbos (I think there giving u the power later).

Ill see if I can find a exhaust system of a D series block- this shouldnt be difficult!

Veetec
04-09-2002, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Predator
Does it also fit if I would use the exhaust system of a D14AX(maybe 5).
Yeah I would prefer a 4-2-1 because I think 4-1 are better for turbos (I think there giving u the power later). 4-1 headers are very good for high-end power but your low will become (a lot) worser. I think you canīt say that they are better for turbos or NA engines. I think itīll all depend on what you want.

Predator
04-10-2002, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by Veetec
4-1 headers are very good for high-end power but your low will become (a lot) worser. I think you canīt say that they are better for turbos or NA engines. I think itīll all depend on what you want.

Uhm something about that :cyclops:
I think what Ive haerd was that the 4-2-1 gives u more power over the complete power with its peak gain in the upper section while the 4-1 gives u only more power in the upper section!

Veetec
04-10-2002, 05:30 AM
Originally posted by Predator


Uhm something about that :cyclops:
I think what Ive haerd was that the 4-2-1 gives u more power over the complete power with its peak gain in the upper section while the 4-1 gives u only more power in the upper section! What youīve heard is right but youīll definetly lose some low-end power with the 4-1 header. They are designed for better high-end power and not to recommend for a daily driven street car.

And turbos have got their own special header by the way. So there is no use for a 4-1! ;)

Rice-Rocketeer
04-10-2002, 08:59 AM
That's not totally true. There are various ppl in the civ forum right now who have and prefer the 4-1 over the 4-2-1 because of the greater OVERALL power gain from the less restrictive 4-1. The loss of power (delta pressure) depends on the engine and what you've done to it. For the B16 for one there is NO loss of low end torque. For a smaller stock Cx, the loss would be more noticable. But yes when you go SUPERcharger a 4-1 header is suggested but that doesn't make it mutually exclusive. When you go turbo, the entire header gets replaced with a special turbo manifold with built in internal or external wastegate so it don't matter meng.

BTW Jorge, you need to do me a favor. Apparently NOONE in germany knows or even cares about any junkyards in the area. Kinda stupid is you ask me but I'd like to find one while I'm there to buy a few things from your JDM-spec counter-parts that we don't get over here. If you could find me a place where I can strip a 5th gen civ of all it's goodies, I'd be forever grateful :)

Veetec
04-10-2002, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Rice-Rocketeer
That's not totally true. There are various ppl in the civ forum right now who have and prefer the 4-1 over the 4-2-1 because of the greater OVERALL power gain from the less restrictive 4-1. The loss of power (delta pressure) depends on the engine and what you've done to it. For the B16 for one there is NO loss of low end torque. For a smaller stock Cx, the loss would be more noticable. But yes when you go SUPERcharger a 4-1 header is suggested but that doesn't make it mutually exclusive. When you go turbo, the entire header gets replaced with a special turbo manifold with built in internal or external wastegate so it don't matter meng.

BTW Jorge, you need to do me a favor. Apparently NOONE in germany knows or even cares about any junkyards in the area. Kinda stupid is you ask me but I'd like to find one while I'm there to buy a few things from your JDM-spec counter-parts that we don't get over here. If you could find me a place where I can strip a 5th gen civ of all it's goodies, I'd be forever grateful :) Hmm,....I think it will also depend at which brand youīre looking at for a 4-1. A shop who is selling Spoon parts over here says that you will lose low-end power with the Spoon 4-1 for example. And like you know Hondas already donīt have got that much low-end power and putting on an AEM CAI, 4-1 header,....wonīt make it much better (the low-end). We shouldnīt forget that itīs a daily driver and not any kind of race car. So most of the time heīll drive around in the lower and mid rpm range. Another problem might be that as far as I know itīs possible that youīll get worser emissions and our laws are really strict about that!
Not that I want to say 4-1 headers are bad but Predator just should think twice about it because there are always pros and cons. ;)

As for the junkyards I think you wonīt find a lot of 5th gen Civics in there. The most hatches used over here in germany are from VW, Peugeot, Fiat.....but normally not that many Civics.

Rice-Rocketeer
04-11-2002, 12:58 AM
Oh nonono. If you're talking Spoon or Mugen, the rules change totally. Nothing they make is cheap and it's MOST definitly not designed to used on a stock engine. Anything they make is designed to be used in a high performance racing application. Noone else would charge you $1600 for an ECU and $2200 for a radiator. A 4-1 header from them would hurt low-end torque because of the fact that they're designed for use in races where the RPM never go below 6000.

But emmsions, I really don't think there will be a noticable difference between the same brand 4-2-1 and 4-1.

But I've seen a few civics over there. They're so beautiful, some of them drive around elegently with that whole JDM look without even trying. If I could stuff one into my pocket I would :) I'll try to find something.

Predator
04-11-2002, 07:28 AM
Well Ill see what I can do. If I remember right u wanted to come near the end of june- that would be good because Ive got holiday then and lots of time- and well need alot of time for this. Ill try to find out as much junkyards around ur girls house as possible (due to Dresden it shouldnt be difficult). After that ill see if I can find somebody or maybe I do it with friends to check out all places [or does anyone of u have a satellite?! ;) ].

What parts ure exactly looking for?!??

Predator
04-11-2002, 07:31 AM
And btw I dont think uve to buy something... junkyards are often wide open places....:bandit: :angel:


Hehee!!

Veetec
04-11-2002, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Rice-Rocketeer
Oh nonono. If you're talking Spoon or Mugen, the rules change totally. Nothing they make is cheap and it's MOST definitly not designed to used on a stock engine. Anything they make is designed to be used in a high performance racing application. Noone else would charge you $1600 for an ECU and $2200 for a radiator. A 4-1 header from them would hurt low-end torque because of the fact that they're designed for use in races where the RPM never go below 6000.

But emmsions, I really don't think there will be a noticable difference between the same brand 4-2-1 and 4-1.

But I've seen a few civics over there. They're so beautiful, some of them drive around elegently with that whole JDM look without even trying. If I could stuff one into my pocket I would :) I'll try to find something. I see! Thanx for the good info. To be honest I donīt know that much about headers because the only good brands we can get over here easily are Spoon, DC-Sports and Supersprint. Spoon and DC-Sports are way to expensive over here and Supersprint doesnīt offer a header for my Lude ( :( ) ! But I think my stock header is already very well designed anyways (from what Iīve heard).

Are you talking about Civics in germany with the JDM look? What is so different compared to the USDM ones? Okay, theyīve got turning lights close to the doors on each site but what else? Iīm not that deep in all this JDM stuff.

Rice-Rocketeer
04-11-2002, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Veetec
Are you talking about Civics in germany with the JDM look? What is so different compared to the USDM ones? Okay, theyīve got turning lights close to the doors on each site but what else? Iīm not that deep in all this JDM stuff.

Yeah in Germany. It's kinda hard to be into the JDM look when that's all you see everyday. But when I see a little 5th gen HB, with a specific drab orange or grey paint job, the sidemarkers, clears, and factory alloys, it just reminds me of the whole JDM thing over here. When you look under the hood, you usually find a DOHC loaded with goodies, expensive coilovers, all the details like KPH gauge clusters and stuff, I like it :)

Originally posted by Predator
What parts ure exactly looking for?!??

Anything I can get my hands on and stuff in my suitcase. headlights tailights, side markers, gauge cluster, armrest, really anything I can get that we don't get over here.

Originally posted by Predator
And btw I dont think uve to buy something... junkyards are often wide open places....:bandit: :angel:

What do you mean? You mean like they don't charge you to take stuff off the cars? Like I can grab anything I want from them?

riceviking
04-12-2002, 06:06 AM
What do you mean? You mean like they don't charge you to take stuff off the cars? Like I can grab anything I want from them?

I think he meant that noone will notice if you go into a junkyard, take what you want and then leave, at least that's our policy up here, except we have to climb a high fence first :angel:

Or am I wrong?

Predator
04-12-2002, 01:33 PM
Exactly what I meant- no one will notice what u do. My friend needed a new door a couple of weeks ago- we went to the yard, found one and just did take itwith us.

Rice-Rocketeer
04-12-2002, 02:44 PM
Wait, wait, wait. So you mean to tell me that I can go over there and pick up ANYTHING I can carry from these cars.....Fill up the car with rare and priceless JDM goodies and take them home with me.....FREE OF CHARGE?!?!?!? AND YOU DIDN'T TELL ME THIS WHEN I WENT?!?!?!?

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Oooohhh man, I need a second. Wooo. Oh man, I'm gonna need some LARGER bags when I go :D :D

BTW Jorge I have to push back the trip until after July 5th (like a week or two after I had originally planned) because of summer school. When is it that you have some free time again so we schedule accordingly?

Oh man, free JDM goodies. :D :D Bring sum tools when you come over bro cause PAPA'S GOIN SHOPPIN!!!

bracer
04-12-2002, 03:05 PM
Just watch out for the dogs...;)

Veetec
04-12-2002, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Rice-Rocketeer
Fill up the car with rare and priceless JDM goodies and take them home with me.....FREE OF CHARGE?!?!?!? Itīs more like EDM (European Domestic Market) goodies...I think none of the Hondas sold in europe are made in japan. If Iīm remembering right the Civic (or Accord Sedan?) is made in the UK, the Accord Coupe is made in the USA,...but none is made in japan. But itīs well possible that some parts are similar to the parts made in japan.

Veetec
04-12-2002, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by bracer
Just watch out for the dogs...;) And you know what the police is talking about when theyīre shouting `Freeze!!ī !! :badass:

bracer
04-12-2002, 08:26 PM
Mine is made in Japan :)
But you're right the newer models are often made in the US or UK but most of the EDM parts are similar to the JDM parts. Especially for the older models like 80/90% of the parts is the same as the JDM parts.
look at like this, even a littlle thing like a sidemarker is considered "JDM" so more parts are "JDM" than you think...

Veetec
04-13-2002, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by bracer
Mine is made in Japan :)
But you're right the newer models are often made in the US or UK but most of the EDM parts are similar to the JDM parts. Especially for the older models like 80/90% of the parts is the same as the JDM parts.
look at like this, even a littlle thing like a sidemarker is considered "JDM" so more parts are "JDM" than you think... Do they also have got this fog light in the rear bumper in japan or is it just like that in europe?

00'Civic SR
04-13-2002, 07:16 AM
Mine was made in Japan as well. The 3 door hatchback was also made in Japan. Most of the 5/6th gens civic where made in Japan except for the 5 door hatchback which was made in the UK and the coupe which was made in the US.

I only know this from seeing the chassis codes on some of these civics.

Veetec
04-13-2002, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by 00'Civic SR
Mine was made in Japan as well. The 3 door hatchback was also made in Japan. Most of the 5/6th gens civic where made in Japan except for the 5 door hatchback which was made in the UK and the coupe which was made in the US.

I only know this from seeing the chassis codes on some of these civics. Cool! Didnīt know that. I always thought that theyīre all made in the US or europe.

Predator
04-13-2002, 05:21 PM
5 door isnt a hatch ;)

Well Ill kill the dogs ;)

Well Ive to look when Ill be on vacation- but it was sometime in July- but im not sure when!! Ill take a look for it.
And btw, it wont be easy to find a Cicic on a yard I think especially in a good condition however, Ive seen a crashed NSX on a yard aith a fully functional engine in it :eek:

00'Civic SR
04-13-2002, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Predator
5 door isnt a hatch ;)

ok but over in the UK and Ireland a 5 door car is usually called a hatchback. It doesn't have to be a 3 door just to be a hatch ;)

Veetec
04-14-2002, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by Predator
5 door isnt a hatch ;)

Well Ill kill the dogs ;)

Well Ive to look when Ill be on vacation- but it was sometime in July- but im not sure when!! Ill take a look for it.
And btw, it wont be easy to find a Cicic on a yard I think especially in a good condition however, Ive seen a crashed NSX on a yard aith a fully functional engine in it :eek: Okay, next weekend Iīll come to your place and get this baby outta there!! :D

bracer
04-14-2002, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Veetec
Do they also have got this fog light in the rear bumper in japan or is it just like that in europe?

yep, the fog light in the bumper is Europe only.

Originally posted by Predator
Ive seen a crashed NSX on a yard aith a fully functional engine in it


I also saw one at a junk yard here next to a S2000, some people just can't drive :( The engine of the NSX was taken out and is now showed off at the reception of that yard :) those are the real VTEC's :D

Rice-Rocketeer
04-14-2002, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Veetec
Itīs more like EDM (European Domestic Market) goodies...I think none of the Hondas sold in europe are made in japan. If Iīm remembering right the Civic (or Accord Sedan?) is made in the UK, the Accord Coupe is made in the USA,...but none is made in japan. But itīs well possible that some parts are similar to the parts made in japan.

Oh don't worry, all your EDM parts are mostly the same to JDM parts. Like he said, alot more than you think. Basically if we don't get it over here, it's JDM :D

Originally posted by Predator
Well Ive to look when Ill be on vacation- but it was sometime in July- but im not sure when!! Ill take a look for it.
And btw, it wont be easy to find a Cicic on a yard I think especially in a good condition however, Ive seen a crashed NSX on a yard aith a fully functional engine in it :eek:

Let me know soon so I can plan accordingly.

It's alright tho, we'll look thru a few of thems :) Even if we don't find civ, I can get Teg or Accord pieces to sell. And I know exactly what to do with the engine. I saw a CRX with a RWD NSX engine swap up in Daytona. On nitrous too :smoker2:

Predator
04-15-2002, 06:06 AM
I dont think that the enigne will fit into ur suitcase :alien2:
Well on July the 11. I would have to go home but before this date Ive got much time!

AccordCE8
04-15-2002, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Predator
I dont think that the enigne will fit into ur suitcase :alien2:


:D LOVL

Predator
04-15-2002, 03:26 PM
Or maybe.... who knows ;)

Add your comment to this topic!