Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Replaced starter, no start?

bird2431
04-21-2005, 10:49 PM
Ok, I just recently had work done on my car and the guy told me my starter was going bad. I figured this was true due to a history of starting problems. When it wouldnt start it would always click. Today it went completely out and would not start. It still clicked though. I bought a starter and replaced it. Now my car still wont start but it doesnt even click anymore.

Could I have done something wrong on the starter installation?

Also I have an alarm and one time it wouldnt start and didnt click and it was due to an alarm malfunction... if anyone knows alarms does it kill the ignition when you disconnect the battery? If so how do you reverse that? I plan on taking it to best buy n having them unhook the alarm but if I can fix it on my own it will save a push start.

Any other suggestions please let me know.... I went home from college for my moms b-day and thats when it happened so I had to hitch a ride back to school and im carless lol
Any help is appreciated.

bird2431
04-22-2005, 06:53 AM
Please help me somebody

knorwj
04-22-2005, 06:49 PM
well i don't know a thing about alrms so i can't help you there. Only thing I can think of is to recheck your wire connections.

bird2431
04-23-2005, 11:04 AM
It was the alarm, I had to rewire the ignition to bypass the alarm. NEVER buy a Black Widow alarm. This is the second time the ignition kill has malfunctioned and I would recommend not buying this brand if you get an alarm.

Add your comment to this topic!