Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

corvette servo

silveradoking
04-21-2005, 09:27 PM
Hey, guys.....I'm back from one of my business trips......So I haven't been on for some time.....almost 4 pages of cool threads to read......
Anyways, because my only performance mod is the k&n intake, would I be well off putting the corvette servo on my truck.....Do I have to get the shift kit together with the servo.....How will my truck feel just with the servo? What would it do for me? I see it's cheap, so that's why I am asking?

2000CAYukon
04-22-2005, 12:58 AM
The vette servo really improves the 1-2 shift. It will give you a firmer shift. The servo can be replaced without droping the pan so you can do it without installing a shift kit at the same time.

I installed the transgo reprogramming kit on my 96 Impala SS (which already has the vette servo) and it really improved the shifting of the trans. I went with a mild setup but it really shifts nice especially when I get on it. The reprogramming kit also improves the life on the 3/4 clutch pack. Since my SS only has 65K on the clock, I wanted to make sure the tranny lives a long life.

You would probably notice more with the shift kit and the servo but in general, you should notice an improved 1-2 shift with just the vette servo.

One last thing is the seals on the servo are cut. When I did my SS, I ordered D-rings which seal better than the cut seals.

//2000CAYukon

silveradoking
04-22-2005, 06:36 PM
I live in Canada, so where is the best place to buy the servo? Or maybe on the internet? Is the servo easy to install?.....And what if I don't like it, can I remove it later on and put my stock one back on?
Thanks for your reply..........

2000CAYukon
04-23-2005, 01:26 AM
I live in Canada, so where is the best place to buy the servo? Or maybe on the internet? Is the servo easy to install?.....And what if I don't like it, can I remove it later on and put my stock one back on?
Thanks for your reply..........

www.transmissionhead.com is one I am sure there are others.

The hardest part on the servo is getting the snap ring back in place on the servo cover. There is a special tool but I always use a pry bar.

Yes the stock servo can always be reinstalled; although, you should probably use the newer seals when reinstalling.

//2000CAYukon

Jake795
04-26-2005, 09:05 PM
shop around on ebay and find one with cheap shipping. Make sure it comes with the new o-rings b/c you'll probably tear yours taking it out.

Jake

TXAGG05
05-02-2005, 01:03 PM
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I figured this was the appropriate place to post the question. Why doesn't GM use the Vette servo in the trucks from the factory if it makes the tranny's last longer? It doesn't seem like it would be cost since there isn't much difference in the parts. Would it be do to shift firmness? Are the shifts so firm that my mother would complain if I picked her up in my truck for a Sunday drive?

Thanks,
Jeb

jeverett
05-02-2005, 02:03 PM
Are the shifts so firm that my mother would complain if I picked her up in my truck for a Sunday drive?

Thanks,
Jeb

I hope not. I'm soon installing a heavy duty transgo shift kit and corvette servo.....i want to scratch 2 and 3 gear lol :naughty:

Add your comment to this topic!