Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

clutch/transmission problem

opchavez
04-21-2005, 07:18 PM
I just had my clutch replaced because my 2000 rodeo was jerking when it changed gears. But now I have a new problem. Now when it gets hot the gear shift will change but the gears in the transmission will not. I never had this problem until the clutch was changed. do anyone have any idea what it could be. I have mad stress going on behind this and the 3yrs i still have to pay for it. Thanks

Canucklehead
04-21-2005, 07:36 PM
Take it back to the shop and have them fix it.

opchavez
04-21-2005, 07:48 PM
Take it back to the shop and have them fix it.lol. I tried that. They told me that it was a diffrent problem and it had nothing to do with the clutch and if they took it apart again then it would cost me more. Thats why im trying to find out if it is associated with the clutch so i can be sure when I took it back. thanks for your quick response

Canucklehead
04-21-2005, 08:04 PM
Have you taken it to another shop or gotten a second opinion? That would be my next move seeing as the shop that replaced your clutch seems to have washed their hands of you and your Rodeo. Armed with a second or third opinion it may make it easier to get the first shop to fix the problem (assuming it resulted from their work).

Elmer58
05-02-2005, 07:21 PM
Try changing oil the best one ( check if you transmission can use syntethic oil)

opchavez
05-02-2005, 09:10 PM
Try changing oil the best one ( check if you transmission can use syntethic oil)
Thank you I will try this first thing tomorrow. well let you know how it did

Add your comment to this topic!