Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

AHHH Speeding Tickets...US Fines??

bighauns
04-21-2005, 05:44 PM
Hello All!

Once again, I have gotten more tickets. I think my grand total is up over $1500, it really sucks. I have some pictures of the tickets too :-)

As well, what kinds of fines and values are there in the US (particularily the nothern states) and in Virginia most especially.

Do any states use photo radar? if so which ones? does virginia?

Just thought I would share that!

Later
Alex

The picture is kinda big, so click on it below.

http://img155.echo.cx/img155/2605/tickets3fi.th.jpg (http://img155.echo.cx/my.php?image=tickets3fi.jpg)

silver98GST
04-21-2005, 06:01 PM
Hello All!

Once again, I have gotten more tickets. I think my grand total is up over $1500, it really sucks. I have some pictures of the tickets too :-)

As well, what kinds of fines and values are there in the US (particularily the nothern states) and in Virginia most especially.

Do any states use photo radar? if so which ones? does virginia?

Just thought I would share that!

Later
Alex

The picture is kinda big, so click on it below.

http://img155.echo.cx/img155/2605/tickets3fi.th.jpg (http://img155.echo.cx/my.php?image=tickets3fi.jpg)

Never heard of photo radars before. Are you talking about those photo enforced intersections where they take photos of your car if you go through a red light? Doesn't sound like it. My friend got a ticket because he ran a red light. A few weeks later he gets a ticket in the mail with a picture of him caught on camera. Oh, and I did see "air enforced" or "air radar enforced" posted on a sign when I was driving back home. Guess there's no photo radar enforced areas near Sacramento.

GSXracerGuy
04-21-2005, 06:10 PM
That pisses me off. I get pulled over for going 60 in a 35, and then A 200 dollar ticket for not using a damn BLINKER?@?@?@ One time I don't use it....cause a van was going 60 in adamn 70 next to a trunk for 40 minutes.....and now my license is getting taken away....what the fuck

bighauns
04-21-2005, 06:16 PM
Photo radar is used all over canada. They set up cameras on the side of the road and it catched speeders, records your license plate and then send you a ticket in the mail

96spyderman
04-23-2005, 06:15 PM
I've heard of the photo radars... if your speed it over a set speed it clicks a photo... I think CA has them... minnesota has the airplane-cops... there are white blocks painted on the side of the road and if you are going at Xmph it should be Y amount of seconds from block to block.... if it takes you less time inbetween blocks they can tell about how fast you are going...they radio a trooper and they nab ya... I think it is about 12 seconds @ 55 or 60mph.
If ya want to do some speeding go to north dakota... I got a ticket for 74mph in a 55mph two 4th of july's ago and it was $23..got home, wrote a check and sent it out no problem.... in minnesota it is about $130...

Damn man... your tab is quite high!!! That is one nice ass amount for mods/upgrades!!!! lol

96spyderman
04-23-2005, 06:20 PM
One time I don't use it....cause a van was going 60 in adamn 70 next to a trunk for 40 minutes.....and now my license is getting taken away....what the fuck

How does a van next to a ?trunk? for 40 minutes have anything to do with not using your signal?

drewh4386
04-23-2005, 11:30 PM
I dont remember the outcome but let me tell you what this guy down here did....

HE got a picture in the mail of his license plate and a ticket for running a red light. He sent them a picture of a check for the amount. ???? His story to the judge was going to be "how do you know that was me driving?

gthompson97
04-25-2005, 11:30 PM
gotta love the north dakota laws......i was doing 91 in a 65 and it was somewhere around $80 i think....almost lost my license though but the cop was nice and dropped it down to 90 which lowered the point total so i could keep it.

GSXracerGuy
04-27-2005, 02:45 PM
yea sry.. I meant there was a van next to a trunk for 40 miles blocking traffic going 60 in a 75............so when they finally moved....an hour later.... I didnt think about using my blinker I just moved over when there was room...and I got nabbed

Urban_Squrill
04-27-2005, 02:50 PM
I just got a ticket saterday night on my pocket bike(yes a fucking pocket bike). Carless driving for doing 45(running on everclear(lol) and new sprockets) weaving in and out of traffic that was doing 25.

Killa_DSM
04-27-2005, 11:34 PM
I just got a ticket saterday night on my pocket bike(yes a fucking pocket bike). Carless driving for doing 45(running on everclear(lol) and new sprockets) weaving in and out of traffic that was doing 25.

Arnt pocket bikes those small ass little motor bikes? How the hell do you do 45 on those things!!! You must be one crazy mo-fo! And to add to that weaving through traffic!!! All I could do when I read this is laugh. Your just crazy.

lol:lol2:

Urban_Squrill
04-28-2005, 12:02 AM
Ya and the best part is when they pulled me over i was a block away from where we all hang out. Some one has a pic with their cell cam of me pulled over. My bike runs on everclear its got a p and p head new sprokets lots of mods. lol

toenailclippers
04-28-2005, 03:44 PM
ok check this...imn from Virginia. your pretty much screwed when it comes to that. when i had my talon, i got caughtdoing 99 in a 35 and lost my liscense for 3months and had a 400$ fine. i never paid the fine and are STILL driving with no liscense. this was 2 years ago to. i dont think they pull over people with suspended liscenses here!

gthompson97
04-30-2005, 06:20 PM
ok check this...imn from Virginia. your pretty much screwed when it comes to that. when i had my talon, i got caughtdoing 99 in a 35 and lost my liscense for 3months and had a 400$ fine. i never paid the fine and are STILL driving with no liscense. this was 2 years ago to. i dont think they pull over people with suspended liscenses here!

well you're a smart one!! :thumbsup:

91 Eclipse
05-04-2005, 10:52 PM
how about you take 400 bucks and get your lisence back. after 5 years you have to get a special insurance and take the tests again. JUST PAY THE DAMN FINE.

Add your comment to this topic!