New Season!

PSYCHORACING
04-21-2005, 06:32 PM
Has anyones local SCCA season started yet?

Ours went fairly well, took 2nd and 3rd in spec miata, and we had the fastest car in the rain during the ITE qualifying.

kfoote
04-22-2005, 09:31 AM
Yep, I ran the National at Summit Point 3 weeks ago, and crewed for 5 Miatas at the regional at NHIS last weekend. I'm going to be running hte National there next weekend.

In the Northeast, SM is broken up into 2 groups, SM and SSM. There's enough participation that they each get their own races.

PSYCHORACING
04-22-2005, 08:47 PM
Dude thats awesome, your the first other person i know on here that works on miatas. Such fun little cars, hehe.

P10DET
05-03-2005, 12:37 AM
Our season starts in the fall and lasts until spring. :)

Ain't no way I'm racing in the summer here.

kfoote
05-03-2005, 11:31 AM
Update: Finished 4th/7 in SSB in my Miata. I had no business passing 5 cars between the start and turn 3 (the first real corner at NHIS) in the rain when AFAIK I was the only one on dry tires. The track did dry some during the race, but not enough for the dry tires to be an advantage over the rains.

Why don't you run in the summer in Texas? I ran a 3-hr enduro at NHIS on a 95 deg, sunny, humid day and was fine later that evening. There were at least 2 people that got taken to the local hospital for heat exhaustion that day, though...

P10DET
05-06-2005, 07:38 AM
Why don't you run in the summer in Texas? I ran a 3-hr enduro at NHIS on a 95 deg, sunny, humid day and was fine later that evening. There were at least 2 people that got taken to the local hospital for heat exhaustion that day, though...

Well, I think that takes care of that question. :)

Add your comment to this topic!