Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

drifting not?

EVOclipse
04-21-2005, 05:17 PM
ok i know this question has been asked...but ive tried everydamn thing i can think of...i modded the suspension to induce drift and switched to manual transmissions...taken off the driving aids...everything even tried the wet course. EVERYtime i get my car the least bit sideways and start to countersteer my RPMs bottom out. same with pulling the ebrake. its annoying as hell anyone have any ideas or should i just go back to my gran turismo 3, also anyone else have beef with how the rallys your the only one getting the 5 sec penalties( real rally you dont have to worry about other cars) and the reason those 80's cars can beat me. its annoying as hell.

gigglesnirt
04-21-2005, 08:17 PM
they pretty much made it so they dont awnt you to drift in the game it seems like, i gave up and only play live for speed on the pc for drifting, thats the best way you can go if you want realistic drifting, and the most realistic auto racing too.

liveforspeed.com will get you to the site if you wanna check it out

Twofast2elmo
04-21-2005, 08:45 PM
try buying semi racing tranny. set the midle driving aid at 20. hard racing tiers.manuel tranny.Some times try different types of cars with different types of drivetrains.I feel 4wd if a good begginer drivetrain to drift in. then when you think you good enougth try drifting in a rear wheel drive car.Don't give up.

Wild Cobra Z28
04-22-2005, 03:19 PM
EVERYtime i get my car the least bit sideways and start to countersteer my RPMs bottom out. same with pulling the ebrake.
You might want to try downshifting a gear of two as you start your drift. It doesn’t seem to be as effective, but take your Traction control down a notch or two. I like to go as low as 2 on some cars.
anyone else have beef with how the rallys your the only one getting the 5 sec penalties( real rally you dont have to worry about other cars) and the reason those 80's cars can beat me. its annoying as hell.
Yes, the 5 second penalty was very poorly programmed in and it pisses me off the way it is implemented. Easpecially when I am near another car, and it hits my side, and I get the penalty!

Dreamspawn
04-22-2005, 04:55 PM
It would be better if he used sim or sport tires b/c racing tires even the harder compounds offer more grip then those 2.

jcsaleen
04-22-2005, 07:49 PM
lmao! just was bout to post on that figured out how.

Use the genki hks silvia S15.

Camber max on front an rear. Tcs off! over & under steer protet off! (all drviving aids off). btw max the hp out on it an lower as far as possible then ul be able to drift. Also gear settings (auto) set to level 8-10. no higher.

For GT3 how ever i can do drifts @ 120 + my nismo silvia has 43000hp lol. Smokem doin 200+.

jcsaleen
04-22-2005, 08:18 PM
Ok just set it even better wow it was almost perfect held the drift for about 10 seconds all the way around a nice long turn.

Hks silvia -

lowerd 65mm but the front camber is 12 an the rear is 6.5.

gigglesnirt
04-22-2005, 09:07 PM
or you can buy the wheel i've heard that the game is actually super real with it, even in drifting

Dreamspawn
04-22-2005, 09:32 PM
That would be the Driving Force Pro around 150$ but its a 900 degree wheel like most real life cars. But it is pretty real it also give u more views that u dont' get with the DS2 which ithink is BS. But yah its good i've herd.

gigglesnirt
04-22-2005, 10:17 PM
actually if you go to sams club or costco its only 100$ =D plus its not just for the ps2 there are proghrams that let you use it on pc so its great, im trying to get one now, i've got a logitechmomo for the pc and wanna upgrade soon

EVOclipse
04-24-2005, 12:17 AM
ahhhhhhh i figured it out...must have been the ACS or TSC, cause once i turned the driving aids off...i couldnt keep the car straight =) man its REALLY hard but atleast its drifting and keeping the rpms up. i was using the hks silvia the whole time but i guess the driving aids were just killing the motor everytime i tried to drift it.thanks all

Dreamspawn
04-24-2005, 09:57 PM
they pretty much made it so they dont awnt you to drift in the game it seems like, i gave up and only play live for speed on the pc for drifting, thats the best way you can go if you want realistic drifting, and the most realistic auto racing too.

liveforspeed.com will get you to the site if you wanna check it out

Just d/l that game and all i can say is DAMN. On newbie it was 10x harder than GT4. starting to get the hang off it and come up more. Out of cuosity if u buy the full version what all do u get?

gigglesnirt
04-25-2005, 07:42 AM
well stage 2 demo is out now, you might wanna dl that cause its free and its more realistic, its even got damage now, but stage 1 came with more cars of course, autocross track, bayside track, city track, and a bunch of configurations for all of them, also is a drag strip, and its deffinatly worth the 12 euros.

EVOclipse
04-25-2005, 08:53 PM
i didnt like how it wasnt compatible with my usb joystick, and i hate trying to steer a car with the keyboard. plus i didnt like how the demo wouldnt let me start out rwd...i mean it is a demo.

Dreamspawn
04-25-2005, 09:38 PM
i used my steering wheel and pedals and loved it.

Wild Cobra Z28
04-26-2005, 07:30 PM
ahhhhhhh i figured it out...must have been the ACS or TSC, cause once i turned the driving aids off...i couldnt keep the car straight =) man its REALLY hard but atleast its drifting and keeping the rpms up. i was using the hks silvia the whole time but i guess the driving aids were just killing the motor everytime i tried to drift it.thanks all

Now you have to pretend there is a raw egg between your foot and the pedal... Squeeze slowly for responce!

I take the steering aids to 0 when they start troubling me too. I have a wheel and nice pedal. I don't need those aides! Those are for helping those with normal controllers I think.

I ended up taking the TCS to "1" rather than "2" like I said earlier on the Mazda 787B to win the "Gran Turismo Worlk Championship." That car doesn't drift as well as some, but it will. I havent used 0 yet, but I will at some point.

It was a tough battle, but I won every race of the 10 series with the 787B! I had to settle for as little as 10 Spec points on two races. Recieved 127 spec points on the 4th event!

speedthrill
05-15-2005, 01:21 PM
I'm playing the demo of S2 also, online. What's yr nicknames there guys, mine's speedthrill, same as here. Hope to race there against eachother. Plus drifting is easier and more realistic then in 3 once you get the hang of it.

Right now i have multiple drift cars. M3, Hks, s13, subaru impreza sti wagon, Mine's skyline, couple of more.

Add your comment to this topic!