was this guy trying to race me or kick my ass?

99redmaxSE
04-20-2005, 09:12 PM
i didnt know where to put this so i just put it here...

my friend and i were pullin out from a parking lot onto a main street and right in front of me (also waiting to turn) was a pontiac firebird formula...real old one, id say somewhere in the 80s but ne ways... the lights green so we turn right and he turns to the right lane and ilke squeels his tires in the rain and shit like he was tryin to take off but he went no where. so i go in the left lane. im not passin him fast or ne thing but i was just going faster then him . next thing i know he speeds up a lil and cuts me off . then he speeds up a lil and me bein pissed speed up too. then he break checks me, and does this over and over again, and also sticks his hand out the window and flicks me off. then finally there is an opening in the right lane so i hit it and so does he and i dont know if he was really trying or his car is just a piece of shit. but i passed him i got about 2 cars ahead and then i switched back over in the left lane cause i had to turn left at the next light..he follows me. i turn down my friends neighabor hood...he follows me...i turn down her street...he follows me...i go past her house and get to the stop sign to turn back on the main road, but while im stopped at the stop sign he keeps his distance from me. then i turn left and he follows me. now there is a cop station right up the road and thats where i was heading. i get over the hill and look behind me and notice he just totally dissapeared...maybe he realized where i was headed and turned around before i noticed...

but i dont know what his problem is...was he tryin to get a race out of me or just piss me off? cause i didnt do shit to him

(basically what it looked like)
http://home.kc.rr.com/delbery/DCP_2227.jpg

also was he really tryin when i passed him like that? cause i was sure those cars were fast, or could it have just happened that it was old and didnt run well at all?

clawhammer
04-20-2005, 09:50 PM
That's a little bit scary. Maybe he was trying to "impress" you by pissing you off, I don't know. Maybe he was just a weido :dunno:

CivRacer95
04-20-2005, 09:54 PM
More than likely old an car that wasn't running well. Sorry to hear the dude was being a prick. I've had similar encounters. But it happened to be with some chicks in a Silverado trying to act like hardasses. Funny story. Anyway, I would have taken down his plates, searched him on the web, then got some guys together to go after him and beat his ass. But that's me. You seem much nicer than I am. L8...

Igovert500
04-20-2005, 10:35 PM
Eh, I've had plenty of dicks like that follow me, usually cause I honked alot or gave them the finger for doing something stupid first...whatever.
There are some nuts out there. My general rule of thumb is don't honk or flick them off if I can't outrun them. I had 4 guys try and get me to pull over and fight a year or 2 ago. I just took their license plate number and went to the cops...just be safe.

As far as is that car fast...my friend had a mid 80s TA, with I think an old 305 in it...and before he did the 350 swap it was slow as balls. It would walk my honda...but not by all that much considering it had 2x the cylinders.

Zgringo
04-21-2005, 02:55 AM
Hey, road rage isn't funny, and it's real. Every year people get killed by some nut who lose's it and blows someone away.
Do like Igovert500 says and get a licence number and if you have a cell phone call the cops or go report it.

Musashi3000GT
04-21-2005, 06:38 AM
The V8 Formula is fast, he musta not taken care of it. they dont age very well anyway.
brake checking you in the rain? what a dick. I've been in so many freaking fights over road rage, scary but oh well.

-Josh-
04-21-2005, 09:37 AM
I wouldn't worry about it anymore unless he mysterisouly ends up behind you again someday, then call the cops. But yeah, it usually is a good thing to report that kind of stuff when it happens.

drftk1d
04-21-2005, 10:22 AM
He was like "zomgHI2U its a girl let me show off maybe she'll sleep with me aww maybe not cuz mom doesnt like loud noises in the basement!"

something like that.

99redmaxSE
04-21-2005, 11:55 AM
but trying to impress me? by cutting me off, break checking me and then flicking me off...sorry boys but if some of you try to impress girls like that then wooo weee. but i was safe...i just drove straight to the police station and thats where i turned around at.

GForce957
04-25-2005, 04:47 PM
yeah thats pretty weird, there are lots of weirdos out there. Little while back a guy thought my dad cut him off, drives next to him and points a gun at him. Now hes in jail. The prick, i hope he gets anal probed by the biggest dude in there

CassiesMan
04-25-2005, 05:11 PM
In Texas, you dont point a gun at someone for cutting you off. Chances are that they have a bigger one.

KDubbPL
04-25-2005, 05:20 PM
...The prick, i hope he gets anal probed by the biggest dude in there

HAHAHAHAHAHA, wow, thats some harsh shit man, it sux 2 hear that shit happened 2 ur dad though, it could've turned out worse...:disappoin

but anyways im sorry 2 hear that 99redmaxSE u done the right thing and next time u c the prick followin u again jus call the cops. there go my :2cents:

KDubbPL
04-25-2005, 05:23 PM
In Texas, you dont point a gun at someone for cutting you off. Chances are that they have a bigger one.

haha, everything's bigger in Texas huh, :lmao:

Whumbachumba
04-25-2005, 05:26 PM

Well ain't dat der true folks. Being a Texan, I can say that it is more true in the country than in the cities. I'm pretty sure that if you point a Tech-9 at someone, they aren't going to bust out the 10 gauge hanging on the back window.

CassiesMan
04-26-2005, 07:50 AM
What part of the big T? DFDub representin here. Although I'm in MO for school.

Whumbachumba
04-26-2005, 11:14 AM
Lewisville here, going to UTA in the fall.

Mjollnir
04-26-2005, 09:01 PM
Try getting the license plate next time, calling up your local cops, and going after the driver.

Believe me, when we get calls like this where I work, we take them quite seriously, and if the SOB leaves the city limit, the CHP and the SO gets the info.

Add your comment to this topic!