Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

I got a damn door ding!

BlenderWizard
04-19-2005, 11:00 PM
I found a damn door ding on my fender today! If I caught the bastard... Anyway, how do you guys deal with a door ding?

TXAGG05
04-20-2005, 12:03 AM
My best response is usually just to curse.
I've never gotten one out myself, though I've polished out the scratches though.

Jeb

jeverett
04-20-2005, 06:40 AM
I opened my door on a fire hydrant i parked too close to one day....it stayed there until I hit a deer and got it all fixed at one time.

dr_of_lovephd
04-20-2005, 10:02 AM
I know some of the body shops have a technique to remove dents by roling something on the back side of the dent. Most of the time they can just sitck in a rod from the end of the fender and fix the dent and charge about $50.

If you want to do it yourself, you may be able to buy the equipment but I think it would be more than $50.

airtight_python
04-20-2005, 11:39 AM
If dont know about the dent but if there is paint on it try a Megiurs clay bar. They're about $10 at a K-Mart. Just be sure to keep it clean. It takes a little elbow grease.

BlenderWizard
04-20-2005, 12:13 PM
If dont know about the dent but if there is paint on it try a Megiurs clay bar. They're about $10 at a K-Mart. Just be sure to keep it clean. It takes a little elbow grease.

Damn, that's good to know. Advance has those clay bars for $16

silveradoking
04-20-2005, 04:35 PM
There is a puller for small dings and dents. Go to a body shop, and they will straighten it out for sometimes less then $50 bucks....and it takes like 2-3 minutes, depending how big it is.......just don't go to the stealerships......I know for a fact that they can charge 5-6-700, even $1000 bucks for a small dent, biggest rippoff......Maybe there stupid enough, that for that money they replace the panels.........!!!!!!!

broughy84
04-20-2005, 06:14 PM
I bought this thing off HSN it's a dent popper, the plunger "glues" to the dent and the piece has two suction cups on either side, you just screw the plunger down and out comes the dent.

I don't remember the name of it.

jjeverett, I feel your pain about the fire hydrant, I put a huge dent in the side of my wife's van about 4 days ago at a 2 story structure fire. I didn't pay attention to where I parked and the fact that I left the door open and the blue lights on, draining the battery!

BlenderWizard
04-20-2005, 06:43 PM
I bought this thing off HSN it's a dent popper, the plunger "glues" to the dent and the piece has two suction cups on either side, you just screw the plunger down and out comes the dent.

I don't remember the name of it.

Does it work?

gremlin96
04-20-2005, 08:01 PM
depends on the size of the dent. some times you can just pop small ones out by strikeing it with your hand.

if you have a place close that does hail damage repair. stop in and see how much it will cost. thay are quick if its just one spot.

Add your comment to this topic!