Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

c280 engine swap

9000vtec
04-19-2005, 05:04 AM
after long time looking for a car to start my project i found this 1995 c280 with 180km for 3000$ passed emission test i was supprised i bought it bc the car is in perfect condition only engine has alot of miles to it il be putting 18 rims lowering and system inside and wait till engine starts smoking or any kind of sign which i hoppe will be soon that says im ready for rebuild or engine swap here is my question will c32 amg engine fit in c280 i hear those make oround 270hp wich will be big jump from 195hp then of course boltons i found c32 engine at local engine rebuild shop
i talked with the owner obout the engine he says it is new engine new block all new internals every thing inside is new he will sale to me for 5335$ +780 so they put it in if i want i figure with this will have new car for obout 8500 in that range talle me your opinion sorry for miss spells its late im sleepy

talonlover
04-19-2005, 01:28 PM
Even if you had a c-36, that engine will not work in your car unless you change the wiring harness, HFM module, fuel computer(if not embedded within the HFM) and possibly the fuel pump and entire exhaust. That's just off the top of my head, your bound to run into other fitment problems such as vacum connections and surrounding components. If you had a totaled C36 handy to swap with maybe it would work. As far as a c-32 goes...that's a v-6 supercharged engine, so figure on how to change the motor mounts, everything mentioned above as well as fitment problems of surrounding parts that the bigger engine will hit. I hate people who tell others with questions like yours that it can't be done...it can but you may run into a lot more work(and money) than you want to put into it.

9000vtec
04-20-2005, 01:09 AM
ok then how obout if i get new c280 original engine but i cant find any super chargers or turbos for it nathing i saw a guy that did put supercharger from c230 compressor i think on 300e would that be possible super should give obout 40hp extra wich will be good then others boltons 3560 is the c280 engine +780 to put in

Add your comment to this topic!