Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

sqweeking from clutch

snowball1288
04-19-2005, 03:55 AM
ive got a problem with my clutch, its a little hard to explain so ill just tell you what i do.

lets say im stopped at a stop sign and i start out in 1st and start accelerating reaaally fast - as fast as teh car will go. Then i shift into 2nd, and as im letting out hte clutch, i hear a little sqweek sound, which *sounds* like hte clutch disc. It feels fine, and i dont think its the throwout bearing since it only does it when i shift fast and with power trying to accelerate. Any ideas?

i know its not a whole lot to work off of, but any ideas are much appreciated.

Greenblurr93
04-19-2005, 08:18 PM
does it only squeel while your letting out the clutch? are you sure its you clutch and not you clurch pedal needing to be greased?? my first thought is throwout bearing.

snowball1288
04-19-2005, 10:37 PM
im *fairly* sure its not a throwout bearing. Its not the act of holding down the clutch pedal, or pushing the pedal, it makes the squeek when i floor it into the next gear.

Greenblurr93
04-20-2005, 03:11 PM
u sure its not a belt?

snowball1288
04-20-2005, 05:20 PM
A belt could do that? I had no idea that could be the cause. There is also a sqweeking sound i get from a belt when the car is first started (dissapears after it warms up). I dont hear the sqweek when i rev, however. I dont know which belt sqweeks or why, but im not a belt person (really dont like em :) ) so ill just leave that for the next time its in the repair shop and see if the problem clears up.

heh... i also cant get my fuel filter off... i think ill leave that for the folks at the repair shop too. :)

snowball1288
04-20-2005, 05:21 PM
does the load on the throwout bearing change when power is being applied while shifting?

Greenblurr93
04-20-2005, 05:47 PM
ya when the engine is under load it could cause your belt to squeek (probably the same belt that squeeks when you start it.)

Add your comment to this topic!