Weak Force Feedback

trebor
04-05-2002, 04:06 AM
I have a problem with NFS Porsche 2000 and my Microsoft Force Feedback Wheel (USB). When I used to play the game a year or so ago on Windows 98 I remember the Force Feedback effects being fairly noticable e.g. the road effects and the feeling of the steering becoming heavier as your speed increases. I have since played this game under Windows ME and Windows XP Pro and the effects are no longer the same. You still get force feedback when you hit an obstacle but not much else. I have also noticed the force feedback goes a bit loopy when you leave the ground and land again. The wheel often looses it's return to center ability, and the only way to reset it is press escape and resume the game or unplug the USB cable and reinsert.

I have seen other people with similar problems and with other types of wheels also, but I still haven't seen a solution for the problem. I read somewhere that it is a directx problem, but is there any way to fix it without reinstalling directx 7, which is something I cannot do in xp.

By the way the wheel is perfect in other games, only this one is the problem.

523d
03-08-2004, 12:45 AM
anybody got a solution for this?

Add your comment to this topic!