Seat Heater Wiring

Flashbac29
04-18-2005, 06:59 PM
Hi,
I have a 97 maxima SE. The previous owner installed a set of leather seats w/ heaters & the center console from another maxima of the same generation. the seats have a three wire connector and the controls are in the center console (one switch per seat hi/off/low). Can anyone give me an idea of how the setup for these go? I've not been able to locate a harness for these anywhere online... and there is no diagram in the haynes manual. I'm assuming the three wire connectors at each seat are ground/12+volt/power-on signal* (*which would originate at the switch.) Any input is good input... thanks for your help.

Nahkapohjola
04-19-2005, 11:48 AM
Hi,
I have a 97 maxima SE. The previous owner installed a set of leather seats w/ heaters & the center console from another maxima of the same generation. the seats have a three wire connector and the controls are in the center console (one switch per seat hi/off/low). Can anyone give me an idea of how the setup for these go? I've not been able to locate a harness for these anywhere online... and there is no diagram in the haynes manual. I'm assuming the three wire connectors at each seat are ground/12+volt/power-on signal* (*which would originate at the switch.) Any input is good input... thanks for your help.

Try the carfiche.com for manual, schemas for -94 are mostly equal. Still I doubt if the FSM gives any info on the heaters: headlight wiper schemas also missing...

Positive voltage ctrl:
- The seat heater elements need ground, nothing to do with the switch.
- The switch needs input +12V. User selects with thw sw where this is directed: to high -or- low temp heater elements. This is why there has to be three wires. (low temp heater =higher resistance)

bratfry
04-23-2005, 09:43 PM
If you think its the same as a 1999 SE Max, I have the service manual with the wiring diagram. Send me a fax number at brat_fry at hotmail com and I will fax it to you Monday. Else I can scan it tomorrow, send me your email address to above.

Gary

Add your comment to this topic!