Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Window regulator motor

Douglas Cook
04-18-2005, 04:19 PM
My right rear power window stopped working. Curious if this is a known problem with Olds Intrigues. Is there a fuse linkage I should check or go into the door and insure I'm getting power to the unit?

kmohr3
04-20-2005, 07:32 AM
It's most likely the motor. If it doesn't work with either switch I would pull the panel off and check for power at the motor. By the way, my daughter has an intermittent problem with the right rear on her 98.

medicdave
04-22-2005, 08:13 AM
It's most likely the motor. If it doesn't work with either switch I would pull the panel off and check for power at the motor. By the way, my daughter has an intermittent problem with the right rear on her 98.

My right rear window stopped working too. I pulled the door panel off and noticed that there is a small screw that runs into the end of the gearhead assembly that sits on the end of the motor. This screw appeared to turn directly in toward the wormgear. I loosened it a 1/2 turn and now the window works perfectly.

This was done after verifying with a VOM that there was power to the motor and that the motor from the opposite-side door worked fine when transplanted.

Dave

Trishy22
10-31-2005, 10:12 PM
99 Intrigue here too..and yes my right rear motor is having issues..i bought the exteneded warrenty with my car and they are replacing the motor as we speak,lol..so sounds like a issue with the intriigues..99's maybe..

Laser17
11-01-2005, 11:34 AM
I have a 98 intrigue and i've never had any window problems, *knocks on wood* but i think my situation might be different, i use all of the windows regularly, maybe some of these problems could be avoided if the windows are used regularly?

johnsonwingnut
11-11-2005, 06:51 PM
According to the dealership I stop at for parts, the window regulator going is not uncommon. It was quite easy to replace. cost me $60/$65 dollars if I remember right. I bench checked the bad one and could get it to work once in a while. Not worth fooling around with.

harrymay
11-17-2005, 12:54 PM
the drivers side window in my 99 dropped on sunday, turns out the steel drive wire snapped. i just decided for easiness to replace the entire assmbly. good luck finding a regulator around, everyone ive tried is backordered, but i called a local junk yard and they actually had one in stock. GO local guys.

dont go to a stealership they wanted $350 i got it for $120

harrymay
11-18-2005, 03:39 PM
ok so they sold me the rear window regulator, righ car, right side, but still the bolts didnt line up and i would have had a window that rolled half way down.

thy ordered me a new one and should be here monday.

BTW, call up some of the local yards. they may know of somewhere to get you one much cheaper than goodwrench.

lunasea808
11-18-2005, 10:31 PM
Ebay is where I got all mine front & back. Not a bad price for brand new. I think it was like 50 bucks for the front reg. and motor. Back was a little cheaper shipping on one was about 20 bucks. so $70 something.

harrymay
11-22-2005, 12:24 PM
im going to have to try ebay. i took back the bad part, they gave me another. problem was it was for a grand prix, not an intrigue. the window would roll down but good luck getting it back up. and it hit the motor.

so ive returned the part and now i am still stuck with a broken window. oh well, may just have to pay the satealership fees.

lunasea808
11-22-2005, 01:58 PM
im going to have to try ebay. i took back the bad part, they gave me another. problem was it was for a grand prix, not an intrigue. the window would roll down but good luck getting it back up. and it hit the motor.

so ive returned the part and now i am still stuck with a broken window. oh well, may just have to pay the satealership fees.
Try ebay It's not like you have to bid on it. It's a buy it now item. Just look a little I'm sure you'll find what you need. Good luck hunting.

harrymay
11-23-2005, 09:49 AM
thats ok, rock auto has it in stock now so i ordered one from there, saved me 50 bux.

Add your comment to this topic!