Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Revell Monogram Dodge Viper GTS

Tazzilla
04-05-2002, 12:28 AM
I am new here been reading and looking at the great models that are here. I have been building models for mabey 10 years mostly Camaros and other amarican cars. Has anyone built the Revell Monagram Dodge Viper GTS? I just got it today and was wondering if there is anything that does not fit right. Also I was thuinking of painting the interior a two tone color but can not decide if it should I should match the colors to the body color or go with a diffrent color combo like Metallic red body and red and white interior or use blue and light gray inside.

Serge2k
04-05-2002, 06:54 AM
Im new here too,

But if you click on the GALLERY Links, i believe a member of this board has made one, steve is his name.

Heres the link, looks good!

Dodge viper (http://www.automotiveforums.com/scalemodeling/steve/viper.html)

primera man
04-05-2002, 07:14 AM
Welcome along guys to AF and the model forum.
Hope you enjoy it here.
:)

Tazzilla
04-05-2002, 11:03 PM
I picked up a can of Dupli-Color Autumn Maple Automotive paint and still can not decide I want a two tone interior. Should my interior be red and white or red and Light gray or to be diffrent Blue and white? I don't want black because that is the color of 90% of my model interiors.

Lownslow
04-06-2002, 12:03 AM
ive built vipers before. thye are good kits but not all revell kits are alike smoe tend to have fit problems with the hood and some dont sit right after the chassie is assembled. mine was a little too high so i dissmantled the chassie and lowered by shaving some of the top shocks off. the wheels on a 1:1 Viper seem tucked slighly in the back and barely in the front. and make sure youre stripes are even and go "straight" down the back (trust me i learned the hard way)

Tazzilla
04-06-2002, 12:13 AM
I think I am going to paint the interior red and white. I don't think I will do any mods just build it out of the box. And I will be make sure the stripes line up and don't look like my other models that some don't line up right.

harry2pop
05-31-2005, 05:17 PM
I bought a Viper GTS and the body doesn't fit on the engine.Any way i can fix this? Everything else is perfectly set up so I dont know what the problem would be. thanks

americanmuscleman
06-02-2005, 07:41 PM
i built the gts, my second model so its no good but i was horrible and all the pieces still fit great so for someone more advanced i bet itd be great. im ordering the new srt-10 soon

tonioseven
06-02-2005, 08:09 PM
OTA (old thread alert)

Add your comment to this topic!