Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

noise when turning?

96probegt
04-18-2005, 01:00 PM
this just started today i was turning in to a parking lot and the front of the car made a loud poping noise and the car surged and poped again this is how it started,on the way back home it started doing it while going straight although not as severe, but when going up hills it gets real bad. i have know idea what it is ive never heard any thing like this before it doesnt seem to be my axles or clutch and i really dont think it my trans but ive been wrong before any help on this would be greatly appreceated

GTjames
04-18-2005, 02:35 PM
ya that same thing happened on my 94 probe GT its ur axle i drove my car like that for a while maybe longer then i should but ya its ur axle just take it in and have it replaced or fixed but make sure u do it i have a friend with a civic hatch SI and his was doing it and he didnt do anythin about it and his front tire fell off and fucked his car up but he got it back know but ya its ur axle

blindfoldedhope
04-18-2005, 11:43 PM
Its Probally your CV joint go under the car in the wheel well check the boot behind your rotors for any cracks or tares if it is ripped or cracked your best bet would be a new half axle which is like $300 instaled.
I just snapped mine on my 2.0 before i sold it

96probegt
04-19-2005, 08:05 PM
right on it finally stopped going it just grinds checked the boots not tears no cracks grabed the axel and it wiggles

risingernicole
04-19-2005, 09:10 PM
right on it finally stopped going it just grinds checked the boots not tears no cracks grabed the axel and it wiggles

I had to replace my driver's side halfshaft. It only cost about $100 for the part. With the haynes manual, we did ours on our own. Just be careful, it gets pretty rough if you do it the wrong way. Watch for gear lube. But it is great now, no more noise. Good luck

Probenit94
05-06-2005, 08:36 AM
the same thing is happending to my car right now it is your rack umm my car does that when i turn and go up hills and when i take off from a dead stop

bigredcounslor
05-12-2005, 02:19 AM
please help

96probegt
05-25-2005, 03:09 PM
turns out i shattered my tranny,my axels are just fine now im on the hunt for a used trans

Add your comment to this topic!