Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

rb25 tranny specs

GR8BRYT
04-18-2005, 12:48 PM
What up peeps! New to the forum, so first I want to say WUUUUUUZZZ UUPPPPP! Anyway though, I'm putting together a power point presentation and I have had a hard time locating the information that I need. I'm trying to get the gearing specs for the stock RB25DET gearbox. I anyone can help, I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance. HOLLA........

Skyline_BNR34
04-19-2005, 03:19 PM
GOOGLE

JUST MY:2cents:

GR8BRYT
04-21-2005, 11:27 PM
okay now that i've done that (thanx btw), i'll need a little more help. excuse me for not being very auto-savy, but i guess that's why these forums were created in the first place. anyway though, i tried google search for my answer with no avail. now that i can calculate my own gear ratios, i need to know how to interpret them. i know that smaller numbers mean longer and bigger means shorter, but how do i apply that to a working model to which i can get an idea of what i ratios i may want to use for my custom set-up? :banghead:

GTES-t
04-22-2005, 08:47 PM
The best thing is just to get a kit like this:
http://www.amzperformance.com/z32/?page=shop/flypage&product_id=367&category_id=e557f836f6218033fae53ee30c981978

I don't know which type would be best for your application.

GR8BRYT
04-24-2005, 11:16 PM
I just recently read a post on another forum about RB trannys and it brought something to my attention. I had already planned on having a 6-speed tranny made for the motor,however I just saw something about retrofitting a 2JZ-GTE Getrag to the RB25DET.

Supra 6 speed would accept the RB25 is TOLD to work with some mode and some plate changed

Does anyone have any knowledge of this, or heard/seen such swaps done elsewhere?

caterham7
05-10-2006, 10:19 AM
As far as help with ratio's I use an online calculator found at fatboyraceworks.com. I just enter the transmission ratios that I have as well as tire size and final drive ratio and it tells me my speed in what gear and rpm as well as graphing it for me. I hope that helps!

Add your comment to this topic!