Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

94 ram 1500

naturalmystic085
04-18-2005, 07:41 AM
I have a 1500 series 94 RAm, 3.9 manual. It runs very well, however it seems to lack power. After 60mph, in 4th or 5th gear, i cant get much more speed. The pedal all the way down but it still just creeps. I am not sure when the last tune up was because I just got this vehicle and it was my Dads friends who passed away, so I cant get a lot of information.

Also, the oil is dirty looking, like a brown muddish color, maybe rust particles in the oil? I changed the oil, ran it for a while, and checked it again. It wasnt as bad as before but was still not the clean oil as i just put in, a little muddy looking. I checked under the radiator and oil cap, there is no white crud and the coolant consistancy is fine. Also, the previous dip stick had broke off and what remained of the one in there was very rusty. Took the part where the dip stick goes in and took it right off the truck but there was no broken part of th stick in there.

Any suggestions for either of these two problems would be a great help, thanks.

BleedDodge
04-18-2005, 06:45 PM
That's just how much power 3.9's have.

I dunno about the oil, it's hard to say how many oil changes that motor has seen in its days. Just keep an eye on it and change it frequently and that's about all you can do...

naturalmystic085
04-18-2005, 08:14 PM
shouldnt it have enough power to get at least 70 so i can drive on the thruway? seems odd that it like runs out of power. the oil looked alright today though

BleedDodge
04-18-2005, 08:44 PM
It will take awhile but you should eventually hit that speed.

naturalmystic085
04-19-2005, 11:19 AM
alright thanks, guess ill be doing no drags anytime soon haha

Add your comment to this topic!