Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Rice is not limited to age

Musashi3000GT
04-18-2005, 07:30 AM
Yesterday I was out side washing my car and my wife was next to me washing hers. Its been about three weeks since either one of us has had the chance to work on them so we spent about six hours detailing them in and out. Around 6:30 the sun was fading and we where picking up the mess when my next door neighboors door opens. Out steps an elderly man, probably in his late 60's. He walks out side and is getting into his car but waiting for his wife to finish saying goodbye to my neighboor. The old man stands there looking over at us, I wassnt sure if he was just daydreaming or stareing. He finally walks up to me and looks over to the back of my car and says "is this a Honda?" (I threw up in my mouth a little) I tell him "no, its a Mitsu" in the calmest tone possible.
Then the fun begins!
old man: so this car flies huh?
me: Well that depends on your deffenition of flies.
Old man: how fast is it?
me: not fast enough for me.
old man: My nephew has one simillar to this one, its really fast but its a Honda not a Mitsubishi.
me: oh
old man: his car is 7 speed
Me: (realizing he was insane) Oh well no, this one is only a 5
old man: yeah I think its a 7 speed......7 or 9 speed I forget. he can do 70 mph in 1st alone, it goes up to 300 mph.
me: you mean 300kph.
old man: no, MPH, its like 700+ Kph
Me: yeah, thats fast
old man: it has 12 cylinders, how many does this one have?
Me: only six
Old man: yeah his isnt running now cause he accelerated too hard and broke something but he is fixing it himself.
Me: must be one hell of a mechanic
old man: well no he is only 17, but he is very smart for his age. well nice talking to ya.
Me: yes, God bless.

well maybe its not rice but if his nephew has this man convinced he has a 12 cyl, 300MPH 9-spd honda then there is some rice mixed in there somewhere.

-Josh-
04-18-2005, 07:48 AM
:lol:

clawhammer
04-18-2005, 08:03 AM
Reading that just made my day. What an idiot. When I first started reading it, I though that he would be driving a Civic with an unpainted body kit, stickers, etc.

JekylandHyde
04-18-2005, 09:07 AM
What kind of fumes were you smelling during those 6 hours of detailing? :D

Andydg
04-18-2005, 10:18 AM
Reading that just made my day. What an idiot. When I first started reading it, I though that he would be driving a Civic with an unpainted body kit, stickers, etc.

I was thinking along those same lines. :iceslolan

Mr. Luos
04-18-2005, 10:25 AM
This was a father and son 'team' I saw while I was out the track a week ago. I can't remember who was driving what, but you get the idea. I am thinking the older dude was in the white car.
There was an old guy, 50+ behind the wheel of one of these cars. 17.5 I think is the best time for either of them.

http://home.comcast.net/~mrluos/Rice12.JPG
http://home.comcast.net/~mrluos/Rice03.JPG

Bet those street tires hook REAL good after driving through the waterbox.

Musashi3000GT
04-18-2005, 11:11 AM
wow, father and son! you where saving those pics just waiting for the right moment! :grinno:

Polygon
04-18-2005, 11:40 AM
Bet those street tires hook REAL good after driving through the waterbox.

Yeah, I've never understood that. They don't understand that doing a burnout on street tires actually worsens their traction.

Anyhow, Musashi, I know what you mean. There is a guy here at my work that is convinced that the new Mustang GT500 will run 9s in the 1/4. He apparently read it on a forum somewhere. Being that the estimated horsepower is only 450 I deemed that quite impossible, but he insists. He is a good guy, but he doesn't know shit about cars.

illegal_eagle187
04-18-2005, 11:50 AM
hahaha thats hilarious

chevytrucks92
04-18-2005, 11:58 AM
Yeah, I've never understood that. They don't understand that doing a burnout on street tires actually worsens their traction.

FINALLY! Somebody else realizes this too (well, actually you and Mr. Lous). Its so comical I think when people back their street cars into the water box (you have to back into it where I race), with their street tires, and then set there for ever it seems like spinning, one wheel most of the time, lol. Sometiems you can actually see water puddle up in front of their tires when they are staged!

I've always said the best thing to do for street tires is just turn them over a little, just to clean any dirt or stuff like that off, then stage. But some people think they have to do a John Force burnout on those street tires to get any traction, lol. Its not like street tires hook good on a track anyway, lol.

About the older guy, you probably can't blame him so much becuase he more then likely doesn't know anything about cars and is just repeating what his grandson says, lol.

Musashi3000GT
04-18-2005, 12:39 PM
FINALLY! Somebody else realizes this too (well, actually you and Mr. Lous). Its so comical I think when people back their street cars into the water box (you have to back into it where I race), with their street tires, and then set there for ever it seems like spinning, one wheel most of the time, lol. Sometiems you can actually see water puddle up in front of their tires when they are staged!

See, I know that too but apparently even the guys at the local track here are idiots.
I never burn my shit cause its pointless and everytime I go to stage some dumb ass has to yell out at me "you forgot to warm them up rookie"

last time I was at the track a whole group of kids broke out laughing cause I didnt go through the water box, its cool though, thier shit ran like 18s

chevytrucks92
04-18-2005, 12:48 PM
See, I know that too but apparently even the guys at the local track here are idiots.
I never burn my shit cause its pointless and everytime I go to stage some dumb ass has to yell out at me "you forgot to warm them up rookie"

last time I was at the track a whole group of kids broke out laughing cause I didnt go through the water box, its cool though, thier shit ran like 18s

Lol. Yeah. Its pointless to do that with street tires. The best thing to do is just turn them over a few times, nothing major, like I said, just to clean some dirt/dust off of them and then stage, lol.

And its not just street tires either. Sometimes I see guys with slicks (on street cars BTW) that set back there FOREVER burning out! This doesn't do any good either.

streetrcr45
04-18-2005, 12:50 PM
Maybe...no i know i'm making stretch here, but maybe...lol...

His son or whatever have a honda funny car that hits 300mph in the 1/4 mile and has 7 gears because it revs so high that it needs 7 instead of 2? ...

lol..i know i know..its not really feasible..but in the defense of the old guy???

-Jayson-
04-18-2005, 12:51 PM
lol i must be lucky cause at the track i go to, they dont let people in street tires into the water box. They have people that point you around it. But thats some funny stuff, a 300MPH 9 Speed honda. . .

Zgringo
04-18-2005, 03:04 PM

Anyhow, Musashi, I know what you mean. There is a guy here at my work that is convinced that the new Mustang GT500 will run 9s in the 1/4. He apparently read it on a forum somewhere. Being that the estimated horsepower is only 450 I deemed that quite impossible, but he insists. He is a good guy, but he doesn't know shit about cars.

Dammn, Maybe I'll trade my 3 cylinder automatic Yugo in on one of them 9 second Shelby GT500's, then hunt up RedNeck in his Econoline van.
I wonder what i'd get on trade-in!!!!!

And I warn you f**kers about saying shit about old men..I have a lawyer.
What was the question??????????

tr0ike
04-18-2005, 03:07 PM
Doesn't sound too ridiculous to me ..

http://www.allsportauto.com/photoautre2/magnycours/2001/2001_jordan_honda_01_m.jpg

;)

uranium235powered
04-18-2005, 03:11 PM
You can't really blame the old man. He's probably already lost most of his memory; I know I have.

Add your comment to this topic!