Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Aussies look here!!!

Hossain_Trance101
04-18-2005, 03:01 AM
G'day mates! I wd just like to point out something abt buying cars. I m sure u all no the site, www.carsales.com.au? Well, I have to tell u that some of the vehicles they advertise r actually fraud. My friend's brother actually paid a deposit of a few thousand dollars for a car and never actually got the car. This happens especially with the ones where they only give u their e-mail address. Some cars also have "fiddled" odometers (especially the sports cars). AND REMEMBER: If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is...

jackar000
05-19-2005, 12:12 PM
Thanks for telling me. I designed a page http://carsearch.net.au for australians to have a good guide for online car searches. Carsales.com.au is on my first position. I think I have to remove Carsales.com.au from my list.

Jack

-Davo
05-23-2005, 01:27 AM
I agree.

I found a 1998 Holden VT Acclaim for $6,500 with only 170k on the clock...Was told it had a 8 speaker stereo system with a 10 stacker, had imaculate interior, no mechanical faults etc, car alarm all this shit, right,

The discription was completly wrong, there wasn't any pics. We went to the place to find out it had over 300 on the clock, no stereo, no speakers, shit interior of coffee stains, smoke stains, ripped seats, no carpet in the back, and it was an auction!! The only thing the online description said about the car that was right was the name of the car!!

bagsy000
06-11-2005, 06:23 AM
I know how you feel my sister did the same thing!!
No-one bu off carsales.com!!!you have been warned

Add your comment to this topic!